African American Weddings

Check!!

We have a cake!! Me and the FI had our cake tasting last night and let me just say, not to sleep on Publix when it comes to your wedding cake.

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Check!!

• Congrats on the check!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Oh please due tell...because I am thinking about going the costco route!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_check-193?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fd125201-d1aa-40de-a0ea-d40c97fb5e63Post:a984d39a-f9df-489a-9727-c47366d76940">Re: Check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh please due tell...because I am thinking about going the costco route!
    Posted by RanyattaCasey[/QUOTE]

It was really nice Raynatta. They allow you to try 2 cake choices and up to 4 filling flavors. We had the raspberry, Italian Rum, Pineapple and Vanilla Custard. All yellow cake. I sent them a picture of the exact cake that I wanted and they agreed that they could recreate it. Something that I found to be really cool was that they bake your cake on the day of the event. No baking 2 days before and putting it in the refrigerator, that cake is super fresh. My fiance' loved that we got to take all the sample cakes home. lol.
  • Congrats on the check! I got our cake from publix. I picked one from there book. I did 3 flavors chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet.
  • yay congrats!
  • CONGRATS HONEY...i love me some Publix Cake that is the best cake out there thats where i wanted to get our cake from and when u save the top piece for your 1 year anniversary trust me when i say it is still good as hell...LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Congrats on the check... Question for you do you think that was better as far as cost and taste bc I am thinking about using publix instead of the cake included in the venue ...my fear is that we cut the cake and it like that super wet cake :/

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_check-193?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:fd125201-d1aa-40de-a0ea-d40c97fb5e63Post:509aa7b7-9fc1-4cd0-b7e0-ea503cb00374">Re: Check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Check!! : It was really nice Raynatta. They allow you to try 2 cake choices and up to 4 filling flavors.<strong> We had the raspberry, Italian Rum, Pineapple and Vanilla Custard. All yellow cake.</strong> I sent them a picture of the exact cake that I wanted and they agreed that they could recreate it. Something that I found to be really cool was that they bake your cake on the day of the event. No baking 2 days before and putting it in the refrigerator, that cake is super fresh. My fiance' loved that we got to take all the sample cakes home. lol.
    Posted by Dannitra01[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>All of these sounds good. Can you send me a piece ? lol</div><div>Congrats on the check !</div>
  • Yayyy ... Congrats on picking your baker. Sounds yummy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_check-193?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fd125201-d1aa-40de-a0ea-d40c97fb5e63Post:b1231a7d-9afc-4976-b3c9-f0c73f8aa7b6">Re:Check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the check... Question for you do you think that was better as far as cost and taste bc I am thinking about using publix instead of the cake included in the venue ...my fear is that we cut the cake and it like that super wet cake :/
    Posted by LeciaB[/QUOTE]

I was pleased with the cost. Our cake is three tiers, they say that it will feed 100 people and we spent less than $300. Compared to other bakeries that I visited, Publix was definitely a better value.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_check-193?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fd125201-d1aa-40de-a0ea-d40c97fb5e63Post:35e9e752-08f2-4267-871b-0829f9942525">Re: Check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]CONGRATS HONEY...i love me some Publix Cake that is the best cake out there thats where i wanted to get our cake from and <strong>when u save the top piece for your 1 year anniversary trust me when i say it is still good as hell...LOL</strong>
    Posted by misstira[/QUOTE]

You know what Tira? I'm kinda skeptical about saving the top tier. They don't give you anything to preserve the cake and I don't even know what steps to take to keep it in the freezer. I know I can't exactly wrap it in aluminum foil. Lol. I just said we could always go back to Publix and get the top tier recreated.
  • Congrats on your check...people always think it has to be some high saddity bakery.. when grocery stores actually have Real bakers working there.. I'm glad you got what you wanted and for a good price!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CONGRATS!!! Publix makes the best cakes ever! I wanted my cake from Publix but my mom kinda forced me to use a different bakery. I haven't tasted cake or cupcakes better than at Publix lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards