Catholic Weddings

NFP Reassurance, please

Hi all!

My fiance and I have been charting and learning Creighton for about six months now.  We're getting married in 11 days, and it's pretty clear that I will be in my fertile phase on our wedding night and most likely the first half of our honeymoon.  

It's hard not to be disappointed about that, because we have waited so long.  Married ladies, if you had the same experience, would you just remind me that it's going to be okay, we have our whole lives to be together, etc. etc?  Because right now, it's just bumming me out :(

Thanks!

Re: NFP Reassurance, please

• It's totally ok! We waited about a week after our wedding, and during that time (I admit I did not have the best attitude,) I was pretty grouchy and annoyed about that single fact, but guess what? 10 months later I don't even REMEMBER the annoyance I felt that week! I mean, the abstaining in NFP is annoying regardless of when in your life it is, lol, but just remember... you never have  to abstain... you're just abstaining b/c you have discerned that a baby is not a wise choice for yo uright now!
    Anniversary
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was in a similar situation. The night of our wedding we were way too tired anyway! Honestly, a couple of weeks after the wedding, you really wont care - I promise! There are so many other things to keep yourself distracted!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nfp-reassurance-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ed2008e5-f14b-4a09-86da-d445b7b7532cPost:8beba1b4-d62c-441d-886a-001432202c35">NFP Reassurance, please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! My fiance and I have been charting and learning Creighton for about six months now.  We're getting married in 11 days, and it's pretty clear that I will be in my fertile phase on our wedding night and most likely the first half of our honeymoon.   It's hard not to be disappointed about that, because we have waited so long.  Married ladies, if you had the same experience, would you just remind me that it's going to be okay, we have our whole lives to be together, etc. etc?  Because right now, it's just bumming me out :( Thanks!
    Posted by mattylovesmilly[/QUOTE]

<div>We had to wait until the week after our honeymoon for the same reason!  Wedding week stress certainly threw off my cycle in a major way... We'd already been dating about 4 years by the time we were married and had both waited up until that point as well.  It's ok!!!  It is very true that you have the rest of your lives together :)  As Riss said... you really are dead tired on your wedding night and we were ok with postponing that... but abstaining the whole honeymoon and following weekend was a bit more frustrating.  Try not to worry about it too much and hang in there... you're almost married!!!</div>
  • We were also in that position. I didn't have Peak day until the day of the wedding, so we had another few days of abstinance.

Was it hard? Yes. Was it worth waiting? Also yes. The time for a baby wasn't right for us for a variety of reasons. Do we even think about any of that now? Not at all. H and I recently celebrated our anniversary, and we shared lots of memories from the day of our wedding -- having to wait another few days did not even factor into the conversation.

It is probably not the last time you are going to have to make a difficult decision to abstain. Think of it as your first time to really focus on the SPICE in your married relationship. It really will work itself out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's looking like I'll be in that boat with everyone else!  I thought I would ovulate over the weekend, and I still haven't.  I am getting married on Friday, so unless I ovulate today, I won't be "safe" on Friday night.  It's just part of life, though.  LIke PP's said, you will face difficulties in abstaining MANY more times throughout your marriage.  And hey, it's always comforting to know you're not the only one! 

• We abstained on our wedding night, and as an alternate activity we read all our cards that night that we had gotten at the wedding, which was actually really nice...getting to look through all the well-wishes from our family & friends right away and at a leisurely pace. If we had waited till we were back at home etc I think it would've felt like more of a chore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, assuming you're both virgins, there's a lot else you can do besides sex. I'm sure most people don't have a problem with it, but you don't HAVE to go from, like, zero to 60 in 5 minutes... 
    There's nothing wrong with taking that time to get used to each other's bodies in ways that weren't ok before marriage.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nfp-reassurance-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:ed2008e5-f14b-4a09-86da-d445b7b7532cPost:991294ca-51c0-4927-851f-def94eb5a9f1">Re: NFP Reassurance, please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, assuming you're both virgins, there's a lot else you can do besides sex. I'm sure most people don't have a problem with it, but you don't HAVE to go from, like, zero to 60 in 5 minutes...  There's nothing wrong with taking that time to get used to each other's bodies in ways that weren't ok before marriage.
    Posted by lalaith50[/QUOTE]

This exactly.

I'm thinking of a good massage or a nice couples bubble bath.  :)

Of course, this may make it even harder to abstain for some couples. 

Regardless, you'll be married!  Enjoy that!

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards