Catholic Weddings

Program prayer??

Does anyone know of a good prayer to put on the back of a program for a Catholic wedding?? Thanks in advance!

Re: Program prayer??

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you want a prayer or a bible quote?

I had two bible quotes in my program:

Ruth 1:16-17:
    Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.  Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me.

Song of Solomon 3:4
     I found the one my heart loves
  • edited December 2011
    Either. Haha, we were just both at a loss as to what prayers/bible verse would be wedding related.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_program-prayer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:bca7625e-6a7d-4e3b-ac85-b9edc5860dfePost:09f595e6-059f-4729-9d95-14e7c42911ec">Re: Program prayer??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you want a prayer or a bible quote?  I had two bible quotes in my program: Ruth 1:16-17: Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.   Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me. Song of Solomon 3:4  I found the one my heart loves
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I assume you know that this is a woman addressing her mother in law. (Ruth to Naomi)   It has nothing to do with her husband.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_program-prayer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:bca7625e-6a7d-4e3b-ac85-b9edc5860dfePost:41bf400a-6e1f-4444-a661-aff7e462f1e4">Re: Program prayer??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Program prayer?? : I assume you know that this is a woman addressing her mother in law. (Ruth to Naomi)   It has nothing to do with her husband.
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, of course I know the context of my quote.  I love Ruth and have read it several times.  My MIL is fantastic, and I look at that statement of devotion as an important declaration of the joining of families, which is an important component of marriage to me.</div>
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    interesting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards