Jewish Weddings

Date set with Rabbi!

FI and I met with the rabbi on Sunday, and after some e-mailing with him and my parents, we have a date! The venue still needs to be chosen and booked, so I guess it's not official yet, but we should be getting married July 1, 2012!
Yay! I just wanted to share my excitment :)

Re: Date set with Rabbi!

• edited December 2011
    mazel tov!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    That's exciting, congrats.  We tried to book the rabbi and the venue simultaneously, but we ended up booking the venue first and had trouble finding the rabbi, so great job getting a big check off the list!  
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That first step is the biggest one, congrats!  I added you to my weekly weddings/anniversaries list.
  • Bonzo2011Bonzo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_date-set-rabbi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:dd048000-89f8-495a-8341-0b7c8ce72020Post:e1d58584-10b5-4e8a-8afb-9e640a3587ca">Re: Date set with Rabbi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's exciting, congrats.  We tried to book the rabbi and the venue simultaneously, but we ended up booking the venue first and had trouble finding the rabbi, so great job getting a big check off the list!  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]
    Since our rabbi often takes his vacation in July, and we knew we wanted a summer wedding, we decided to meet with him early on so that we could be assured of having the rabbi who knows us do the ceremony. We aren't set on any one location yet, still in the process of searching, but since it's over a year away I'm not worried about not finding anything for our date. Now if we still haven't made up our minds in a few months, then I can start to worry! lol

And thanks for adding me to the list, Musicheals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards