Arizona-Phoenix

The Castle at Ashley Manor

Have any of you gotten married there or ARE getting married there anytime soon? I'm getting married at the Castle March 2 and I have a few questions about the DJ.

We've met him a couple times at the tastings and he seems really nice. I went to a wedding at the Castle a few years back and I don't remember the DJ being bad by any means. However, my friend that had gotten married says they didn't like the DJ (they can't remember his name so we don't know if it's the same guy). They had met him, loved him, but ended up being disappointed in the end. She said they thought he understood everything they wanted, but when it came down to the reception, he didn't. Again though, I didn't think he was bad.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have recent experience with Jeff? I'm beginning to think that I just need to give him a very specific list of exactly what I want just in case it is the same guy. However thinking of a music list for 5+ hours is a bit overwhelming. Thoughts?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The Castle at Ashley Manor

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been there, but I work with someone who got married there.  She said he did fine until she danced with her dad - he put on the wrong song and didn't stop and change it, so they ended up dancing to a song that sounded like it was from Star Wars lol.
  • I heard the Manor at Ashley Manor is closed now ! Has anyone else heard this ! 
  • I heard that too, but my fiance and I just went to check out the Castle last weekend (June 17th, 2012) and it is still running and taking reservations up to 2014. Ashley Manor, however, might be the one closing down - we didn't look into that side of it. But it looked like the were doing landscaping on it when we were there - which wouldn't make since if they were planning on closing it.
    Either way, the Castle is definately still open.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_castle-ashley-manor-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:180863db-c79d-46cd-84f3-1e255bd45807Post:f900e412-a00b-493f-8f8b-4e1f92e72b6e">Re: The Castle at Ashley Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE]I heard the Manor at Ashley Manor is closed now ! Has anyone else heard this ! 
    Posted by ibstephi[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards