California-Napa

NEED help! NAPA/Sonoma/ St Helena venues

Hi! So I'm shooting for May of next year for my wedding and I have no clue on how to get the wedding planning started. I live in Roseville, California (20 minutes outside of Sacramento) and my budget is $30,000. I'm not looking for an extravagant wedding. I have 80-90 guests and I just want my wedding to be rustic and chic if anything.
I'm currently looking at Napa, Sonoma area because I want something outdoors so I won't have to buy tons of flowers for decorations.
I'm not sure how much I should spend on the ceremony/reception rental and/or the food. I NEED help! 99% of the places that I've looked at for both rental and food, it would cost $20k! That seems a little steep for my budget because that's just food and venue. I'd only have $10k left over for the rest.
Thanks in advance!
misspriss

Re: NEED help! NAPA/Sonoma/ St Helena venues

• Have you looked at V Sattui or Viansa? Think about a Friday or Sunday wedding too. Maybe find a Sunday over a three day holiday weekend. People won't mind using their vacation to go to Napa Valley! I'm getting married this October 21st at V Sattui in St Helena (it's a Sunday, during Crush!) and found ways to make it work. You should be able to find something in May. Congrats! :)
  • Also, I am working with some great vendors that are not expensive and don't advertise. Let me know if you want more info once you choose a venue and a date.
  • I looked at pretty much every venue in the same area for a rustic wedding. My favorites were:
    Cornerstone Gardens
    Annadel Estate
    Dawn Ranch Lodge
    Buena Vista Winery
    (they were all too pricey for mey, though).

I had the same problem as you. My budget is 25k with a lot of wiggle room but I didn't feel like I wanted to spend almost 20k on just venue and food. I am willing to compromise on a lot of items but was just scared to get locked into a venue that would ruin the rest budget wise. I was especially upset about the catering lists. We like low key BBQ food and shouldn't have to pay 10k for 60 people just because it's a fancy caterer they make you choose.

Does your 30k also include your dress and your rings etc or is that separate? I think if not, then you can swing some of those great venues in the area. To keep your cost down, look for a place that comes with all the tables and chairs and lets you choose your own caterer, or either of those.
    Have you checked herecomestheguide?
  • My fiance and I are getting married at Ramekins Culinary School in Sonoma November of next year. It is beautiful...photos online do not do it justice. Anyways, the food choices and site fee are much more affordable than most of the Napa and Sonoma venues.

If you are looking at venues in Sonoma, please check it out.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-napa_need-help-napasonoma-st-helena-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:599Discussion:7e3527d8-5675-42b7-8bfe-00a0eafce613Post:05d63b44-a8f5-4c1a-96a1-a739636d2afa">NEED help! NAPA/Sonoma/ St Helena venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  So I'm shooting for May of next year for my wedding and I have no clue on how to get the wedding planning started. I live in Roseville, California (20 minutes outside of Sacramento) and my budget is $30,000. I'm not looking for an extravagant wedding. I have 80-90 guests and I just want my wedding to be rustic and chic if anything. I'm currently looking at Napa, Sonoma area because I want something outdoors so I won't have to buy tons of flowers for decorations. I'm not sure how much I should spend on the ceremony/reception rental and/or the food. I NEED help! 99% of the places that I've looked at for both rental and food, it would cost $20k! That seems a little steep for my budget because that's just food and venue. I'd only have $10k left over for the rest. Thanks in advance!
    Posted by u_anoi_me[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-napa_need-help-napasonoma-st-helena-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:599Discussion:7e3527d8-5675-42b7-8bfe-00a0eafce613Post:05d63b44-a8f5-4c1a-96a1-a739636d2afa">NEED help! NAPA/Sonoma/ St Helena venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  So I'm shooting for May of next year for my wedding and I have no clue on how to get the wedding planning started. I live in Roseville, California (20 minutes outside of Sacramento) and my budget is $30,000. I'm not looking for an extravagant wedding. I have 80-90 guests and I just want my wedding to be rustic and chic if anything. I'm currently looking at Napa, Sonoma area because I want something outdoors so I won't have to buy tons of flowers for decorations. I'm not sure how much I should spend on the ceremony/reception rental and/or the food. I NEED help! 99% of the places that I've looked at for both rental and food, it would cost $20k! That seems a little steep for my budget because that's just food and venue. I'd only have $10k left over for the rest. Thanks in advance!
    Posted by u_anoi_me[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it fits with your vision, but I would have loved to use one of the State Parks in the area for my wedding if I had the budget/ summer temperatures for an outdoor wedding. The three in the area that come to mind are:
    1. Sonoma State Historic Part; you can have the ceremony in the old chapel, or the whole thing out in the historic barracks courtyard.
    2. Bale Grist Mill: an old flour mine located among redwoods. Looks like it only accomdates 75 people though, so may be too small
    3. Jack London State Historic Park: old stone winery ruins, vineyard views
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards