California-San Diego

This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors.

Re: This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors.

• I agree... it's either a vendor or someone wanting someone else to do their research for them and find them a venue. That is why I rarely come here anymore. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think people may post about venue questions because they're looking for hidden gems and not the marked up venues found here. Just saying.
  • JsMama125JsMama125 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    I totally agree. I wish more people would post here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • me too! lets start a new trend?? 

Wheres everyone getting married/ when?? 
  • I'm getting married in 7 days at La Jolla Cove Suites :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG congrats that sooo exciting!!! what kind of theme/ colors/ pizzazz are you planning?? 

im getting married in 68 days at wedgewood in fallbrook!
  • I'm getting married in October at La Costa Resort and Spa
  • I'm one of those pesky vendors...Smile(the one for mobile massage) but I am also a bride-to-be.  I joined because I thought it would be a fun community....and a great way to connect with other brides.  I am planning a destination wedding....I am familiar with many of the places you guys posted. They all are lovely! Congrats!!!

• We are having a beachy/island theme and our colors are charcoal gray and yellow; 5 days and counting :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors.:
    [QUOTE]We are having a beachy/island theme and our colors are charcoal gray and yellow; 5 days and counting :)
    Posted by zubrod1[/QUOTE]

OMG, so exciting!!! And we have the same coordinator, yes? :) 

I'm getting married on 7/19 at Sunset Cliffs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors. : OMG, so exciting!!! And we have the same coordinator, yes? :)  I'm getting married on 7/19 at Sunset Cliffs!
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

Yay! I had a friend get married there last year. It was absolutely beautiful, the people were super kind and quiet around the ceremony, and some people even took pictures around it and offered to send them to the couple. Some people also helped the older folks back up the rocks, etc. I loved being there, especially because I went running there every day! What an awesome place to get married!
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors. : Yay! I had a friend get married there last year. It was absolutely beautiful, the people were super kind and quiet around the ceremony, and some people even took pictures around it and offered to send them to the couple. Some people also helped the older folks back up the rocks, etc. I loved being there, especially because I went running there every day! What an awesome place to get married!
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I am excited about our ceremony spot! It is so gorgeous there. FI picked it because it has always been one of his favorite places in San Diego. I love that it was only $270 to "reserve" (i.e. get a permit) since we are on a tight budget! In terms of logistics it is a little tricky - parking, uneven ground, no restrooms, no electricity - but we are having a very short ceremony and I think we have everything covered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors. : Thanks, I am excited about our ceremony spot! It is so gorgeous there. FI picked it because it has always been one of his favorite places in San Diego. I love that it was only $270 to "reserve" (i.e. get a permit) since we are on a tight budget! In terms of logistics it is a little tricky - parking, uneven ground, no restrooms, no electricity - but we are having a very short ceremony and I think we have everything covered.

You should be just fine! Don't overthink it and enjoy the scenery :) My friend got married there and didn't even 'reserve' a spot. She just went out there and did it, haha! 
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • SDNYSDNY member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm getting married next March at Ultimate Skybox. I wish this board was more active, that's for sure. 
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors. : OMG, so exciting!!! And we have the same coordinator, yes? :)  I'm getting married on 7/19 at Sunset Cliffs!

If it's Tawnee with Urban shindigs then we sure do! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This board sucks. Half the posts are vendors. : If it's Tawnee with Urban shindigs then we sure do! :)
    Posted by zubrod1[/QUOTE]

Yes ma'am! OMG, your wedding is this weekend!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wanna know how it was now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards