New York

I'm stressing these invites!

A couple of issues I'm dealing with:

1. Put 'no children' on the invitation?  I feel like since it's going to be a small guestlist I should be okay just going word of mouth.  There aren't a ton of people who have kids but if I hear a baby cry in the middle of my ceremony I will go 'bridezilla' like no one has ever seen.
2. After my last post I'm leaning toward purchasing invitations instead of making them, but I'd like to give some sort of an idea that it will be a picnic theme.  Of course, I can't find anything like that.  The one I made had the picnic red and white pattern on it.  I don't want to be tacky and straight out say 'casual attire' but I don't want someone showing up in cocktail attire and feeling uncomfortable.  I'm trying to find invitations that I may be able to add the pattern to...
3. RSVPs: I was thinking of putting my email address as an option to respond.  If I do that and still pre-stamp each one that would be a huge waste of money.  Would it be tacky if I only pre-stamp the ones that I KNOW they don't know how to use a computer and not pre-stamp the ones that could just email me?
THANKS LADIES!

Re: I'm stressing these invites!

• kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1.  Nope.  Just address it to the adults, and if they try to RSVP their kiddos, politely inform them it's for adults only.  I'm doing the same thing.

2.  That's tough.  I found a cute sunflower invitation on The Green Kangaroo, but I'm not sure that's the look you're going for.  It was around $3 per invitation.  You can stress "casual attire" on your website or an additional insert, but I wouldn't put it on the invitation.

3.  Another tough situation, and I'm really not sure what you should do.  I think your idea is good, but it's probably against all etiquette haha.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_im-stressing-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:45a156ab-73a7-4642-93fe-a3c9f2639ccbPost:fcb935d9-3aa2-47c3-b73e-020824d9ab4e">I'm stressing these invites!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A couple of issues I'm dealing with: 1. Put 'no children' on the invitation?  I feel like since it's going to be a small guestlist I should be okay just going word of mouth.  There aren't a ton of people who have kids but if I hear a baby cry in the middle of my ceremony I will go 'bridezilla' like no one has ever seen. 2. After my last post I'm leaning toward purchasing invitations instead of making them, but I'd like to give some sort of an idea that it will be a picnic theme.  Of course, I can't find anything like that.  The one I made had the picnic red and white pattern on it.  I don't want to be tacky and straight out say 'casual attire' but I don't want someone showing up in cocktail attire and feeling uncomfortable.  I'm trying to find invitations that I may be able to add the pattern to... 3. RSVPs: I was thinking of putting my email address as an option to respond.  If I do that and still pre-stamp each one that would be a huge waste of money.  Would it be tacky if I only pre-stamp the ones that I KNOW they don't know how to use a computer and not pre-stamp the ones that could just email me? THANKS LADIES!
    Posted by csharpe44[/QUOTE]

1.  Nope.  Like PP said, you name the people who are invited on the envelope.  If they try to RSVP with people (children or others) who were not invited, then you have to have the awkward, but necessary conversation.  Also, FWIW... if a child were to cry (or a swarm of horents were to invade or a bomb were to go off) in the middle of your ceremony, chances are... you wouldn't even notice.  Turst me.  You will be so overwhelmed with emotion and caught up in the moment and the look in your groom's eyes that it would take a lot more than a baby's cry to distract you (and I am someone who is very easily distracted).  Threatening to "go bridezilla" seems a little dramatic.

2.  Don't write anything about the attire on the invite.  It does seem tacky.  Use your website, word of mouth, and the general design and feel of the invite itself to convey that message.  Check out Party City.  They have hundreds and hundreds of invite designs and I know I have seen many that are picnic themed.  Also, if going for a very casual, picnic feel, maybe look at just some general party invites as opposed to wedding invites.

3.  I would do all or none.  TBH, I have found that email responses are a pain in the butt.  I did not use them for my wedding, but I have for other parties in the past and it was unreliable at best.  I would just send RSVP cards and request a response that way.  They can still check out the website and communicate online, but for a definite headcount, I think old fashioned RSVP cards are best in this case.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You wont go bridezilla. Promise. I thought I was gunna go all ape shiit if anything took away from me and Josh, and my flower girl decided to stand just to the side of me and lift her dress to hide her face. Before the wedding I would have said Id kick her to the side. I laughed my ass off and it made for great pics.

Also, Im very anti-etiquette, and almost never followed it if it didnt fit in my plan. Im just that rude and Im ok with it! My wedding invites had the whole fancy wording and on the bottom said "Adult cocktail hour and reception to follow inside" Or something of that nature. The best mans wife brought their 6 month old, who cried, to the ceremony and dropped him off elsewhere after. Again, didnt bother me, hardly noticed. You'll be ok.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_im-stressing-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:45a156ab-73a7-4642-93fe-a3c9f2639ccbPost:6716ffa7-06c8-4ba7-b795-4b1a3c0ecb33">Re: I'm stressing these invites!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You wont go bridezilla. Promise. I thought I was gunna go all ape shiit if anything took away from me and Josh, and <strong>my flower girl decided to stand just to the side of me and lift her dress to hide her face. </strong>
    Posted by DondadaTimes2[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!  That is sooo cute.  :-)

I agree with above posters.  They are wise ladies.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards