Colorado-Denver

My vendors from 10/20/12 (recommendations!)

Hey ladies! I put so much weight in recommendations before our wedding that I wanted to share my experiences and hopefully help you in your search for the PERFECT Denver vendors! I somehow (luckily!) came up with a really really fabulous set of vendors. Everyone was just so spot on and you'll notice some very high ratings! Feel free to PM me with any questions. 

Day-of Coordination: Kathy Vaughan, A Beautiful Memory. 

Kathy gets an A++. She was fabulous. She does what she calls "end of planning" coordination instead of just "day of". She created the schedule, confirmed with all the vendors, met all the vendors and the day went off without a hitch because of Kathy's watchful and experienced eye. Her day-of services are $2,000 and worth every penny. http://abeautifulmemory.com

Ceremony musicians: A Lyric Ensemble

Our quartet for the ceremony was also an A+. They sounded simply amazing and I'm convinced are the best ceremony musicians in Denver. Price was $1500 for a quartet for 3 hours. http://www.lyricensemble.com

Reception DJ: DJ Nick Skeet from Starkey Productions

Nick is the nicest guy. He met with us the week before the wedding to get our vibe and perfectly interpreted what we wanted. His music selections were awesome and unlike other DJs, he mixes flawlessly from song to song without interrupting the flow. His background is in club DJing so he's not your average boring wedding DJ. Nick's rating: A+

Wedding Dinner: Morton's The Steakhouse, 1710 Wynkoop Street in LoDo

A++++ rating. We did something a little different for our 40-person wedding. We had a private ceremony with only family and close friends and then took everyone to dinner in the private dining rooms at Morton's. Allyn, their event manager could possibly be the nicest and most professional person I worked with throughout the planning. You get A LOT of bang for your buck with their menu and the food is quite simply outstanding. However, if your wedding is more than 45 people, you won't be able to fit in their private dining rooms. 

Hair: Malissa at the Oxford Spa, 1700 17th Street

Malissa is actually my regular hair stylist so it was really fun to use her for the wedding. She's awesome and can create any updo you can think of. She also did blow outs for my mom, MOH and friends and everyone's hair looked amazing. (photo attached of me with my brother)

Cake: Elegant Bakery, Chef Janusz

Elegant Bakery was one of Kathy's (our planner) recommendations and she was spot on. He is an artist. He created a cake that guests were taking pictures of all evening. (photo attached)

Day After Wedding Brunch: Z Crepes, Susan de la Cruz

We hosted brunch in our home for all out of town guests and family the next day. And wow, what a brunch it was. Susan is amaaaazing. People talked about her crepes just as much as they did about the wedding! She is a former pro pastry chef and did made-to-order crepes as well as homemade scones and other small bites. Susan was wonderful to work with and left my kitchen just as clean as she found it. It was about $550 to have her come for 20 people for 4 hours. E-mail her at susandelacruz27@gmail.com. 

I don't have recommendations for ceremony venue (it was the roof of where we live and isn't available to rent) or flowers (they were done by the groom's step mother) but if you'd like to see anything else, let me know!!

Congratulations to everyone!

Re: My vendors from 10/20/12 (recommendations!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards