Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Location - Monroe/Shelton

I am looking for a restaurant for my rehearsal dinner in the Monroe/Shelton area and these are the places that FI and I have narrowed it down to:

Carl Anthony Trattoria in Monroe
Il Palio in Shelton
Carmine's Ristorante in Shelton

We're not too familiar with this area of CT, so we've been relying on online reviews to guide us, but I was hoping some of you ladies could help.  Does anyone have any experience with any of these restaurants?

Or do you have any other recommendations for places in the Monroe/Shelton area that we should check out?

TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location - Monroe/Shelton

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know much about the Shelton restaurants, but I've heard good things about Carl Anothony's
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am orginially from Monroe and got married at the Waterview in Monroe.

I really like the food at both Carl Anthony's and Il Palio, and both are beautiful restaurants, though both are on the expensive side.

My shower was at Sal's in Monroe.  They have a nice private side room.  My rehersal was at Stella's, which is on the border of Stratford/Shelton.  They also have a private side room.  I was really happy with both of these places.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marisa's in Trumbull is delicious
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've been to all 3 of the places in the OP.  all great - but imho Il Palio is heads & tails above the others.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I lived in CT, I worked over on Enterprise Drive right next to Il Palio and that place is really nice but it's really expensive. My boss did all his business lunches/dinners there because of the kind of place it is. I would assume it would be very pricy for a large group of people for a RD, but they do have amazing food.

Other favorites of mine in the Shelton/Bridgeport Avenue area are Vazzy's (used to be V) and Asian Bistro. We considered Asian Bistro for our RD because we thought it would be nice to be in one of the glass rooms in the back for a big group hibachi dinner, but we had such a large wedding party that it would have been way too expensive. We ended up having a backyard Caribbean themed RD and we honestly liked it a lot better than going to a fancy restaurant.

• edited December 2011
    I've only been to Il Palio and the food and service were outstanding. Our RD was at Marisa's and highly recommend it. The prices are very reasonable and you get your own private area (we had about 50 ppl). 
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to Marissas for a rehearsal dinner and it was great!
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Monroe and have been to all. Best choice would be Il Palio in Shelton, Marrisa's in Trumbull, or Vazzy's (shelton and monroe)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Laurensara18Laurensara18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my RD ar Il Palio- I have never been there, but it's beautiful and I have heard the food is really good. Plus they are giving us our own room.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_rehearsal-dinner-location-monroeshelton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:0e216f3f-80ea-41b8-b9e1-a6d72f9c04d2Post:8239bf88-e794-45bb-af12-41936e13b70a">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location - Monroe/Shelton</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I lived in CT, I worked over on Enterprise Drive right next to Il Palio and that place is really nice but it's really expensive. My boss did all his business lunches/dinners there because of the kind of place it is. I would assume it would be very pricy for a large group of people for a RD, but they do have amazing food. Other favorites of mine in the Shelton/Bridgeport Avenue area are Vazzy's (used to be V) and Asian Bistro. We considered Asian Bistro for our RD because we thought it would be nice to be in one of the glass rooms in the back for a big group hibachi dinner, but we had such a large wedding party that it would have been way too expensive.<strong> We ended up having a backyard Caribbean themed RD and we honestly liked it a lot better than going to a fancy restaurant</strong>.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

We'd love to just have a backyard BBQ or something, but since we're not from the area, we're forced to go with a restaurant.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions ladies!  I will definitely check out the other restaurants that you mentioned.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Waterview in Monroe and having our rehearsal dinner at Vazzy's in Shelton.  We ate at Vazzy's to check it out ahead of time and the food was great. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_rehearsal-dinner-location-monroeshelton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:0e216f3f-80ea-41b8-b9e1-a6d72f9c04d2Post:d0d56b45-698b-49ca-a490-24c2e9c62da6">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location - Monroe/Shelton</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at the Waterview in Monroe and having our rehearsal dinner at Vazzy's in Shelton.  We ate at Vazzy's to check it out ahead of time and the food was great. 
    Posted by babblingbrookey[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback!  We're getting marred at the Waterview too!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards