Wedding Woes
Options

so when is the roll call?

i have tomorrow off and may not be online

Re: so when is the roll call?

• Options
    when do you think the IP will be banned? i vote for Monday, all day. it'll give people a chance to get their notice on FB and know what is happening.

i'd like to add, i would appreciate if the people in our FB group could just come out and give a quick YAY if they are still around just for our sanity. if anyone opposes, say so.
  • Options

Monday sounds good. I think ladybug should do the official roll call post and make it sticky, so people can find it easily all day.

• Options

I'm curious if the person posts from work and home, though. Might be more than one IP involved, easily. Not sure if the knot will catch both.

• Options
    I'm having surgery on Monday, but I can just tell you now it wasn't me.
  • Options
    DG, I was getting ready to ask the same question. Couldn't they just use a different computer?
  • Options
    CW -- what? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_so-when-is-the-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6d4f4624-b929-4def-bd0e-2202f8735759Post:cb7cf71c-03f2-4404-92f6-d54b9d94fb5f">Re: so when is the roll call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm curious if the person posts from work and home, though. Might be more than one IP involved, easily. Not sure if the knot will catch both.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

This is my concern. I don't care what anyone wants to say about me, but this person has crossed the line. PERSISTENTLY.
  • Options
    DG good point. if the IP is banned, would the User ID be banned as well?

i also want to know what if people use their phones? i dont have a smart phone (it's kind of stupid) so i dont know how that works).

are the IDs associated with an IP address?

Knot Kathleen, please help, TIA.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm going to need the techy people to chime in.
  • Options
    i'm fine with monday and beyond, but anyone not checking in by (date) needs to be banned from the fb group.

i'm guessing they could track posts from multiple IPs for the SNs banned.
  • Options
    i swear to god if this was CW the whole time i am killing myself because i'll never have faith in humanity again.

;)
  • Options
    I post from at least two computers and a phone.  And I think some work computers automatically change IP addresses periodically, right?  Or am I confusing IP with something else?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

In theory, if they can tie a post to one IP, they should be able to also associate the user with that IP. (If A=B and B=C, then A=C.) Thus they should also be able to ban the user and/or tie posts to multiple IPs for IP banning.

But you can never be sure how this stuff is logged on various systems.

• Options
    >:( I would never!

Hmo-I'm having my nueroma removed (they're cutting out an entire nerve from my foot). I get to wear a sexy surgical boot for up to 5 weeks and park in handicapped spots!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_so-when-is-the-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:6d4f4624-b929-4def-bd0e-2202f8735759Post:4ca61d83-c7b9-4a40-b305-465bdcf16b4b">Re: so when is the roll call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In theory, if they can tie a post to one IP, they should be able to also associate the user with that IP. (If A=B and B=C, then A=C.) Thus they should also be able to ban the user and/or tie posts to multiple IPs for IP banning. But you can never be sure how this stuff is logged on various systems.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

Yes, I also considered the dynamic IP issue. It might be possible to ban back to a larger part of the IP or ban a range of IPs. Again, I'd suspect differences in different systems.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_so-when-is-the-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:6d4f4624-b929-4def-bd0e-2202f8735759Post:a7ab652c-fc50-4439-ac2f-197e56662b44">Re: so when is the roll call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I post from at least two computers and a phone.  And I think some work computers automatically change IP addresses periodically, right?  Or am I confusing IP with something else?
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

Oops. This is what I wanted to quote about dynamic IP.

I also post from 2 computers and a phone. And sometimes I bring the computer to different networks (home, panera, starbucks, a different panera, hotels when I travel, etc.) All of those would have different IPs.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_so-when-is-the-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6d4f4624-b929-4def-bd0e-2202f8735759Post:4ca61d83-c7b9-4a40-b305-465bdcf16b4b">Re: so when is the roll call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In theory, if they can tie a post to one IP, they should be able to also associate the user with that IP. (If A=B and B=C, then A=C.) Thus they should also be able to ban the user and/or tie posts to multiple IPs for IP banning. But you can never be sure how this stuff is logged on various systems.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so, because this person appears to be persistent, and if they have this stuff on me, I would not be surprised what they have on you guys, and your chidlren. And clearly, they do not know any boundaires.
  • Options
    I'll be glad when this is over.
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    I'll be glad when it's over too.  Monday is fine with me.

Good luck CW.
  • Options
    I am not in the FB group so not sure what is going on, does it involve here too or just something I don't need to worry about?
  • Options
    No kidding taw.  I'm cool with Monday.  Can we call you "gimpy mcgimperson" CW?
  • Options
    no, pegasus. it primarily affects only people from our FB group.

unless you're in our FB group  and we don;t know you as this user name. feel free to pop over for roll call on monday anyway.
  • Options
    monday is also going to be My Left Foot day, for CW. everyone can post pictures of feet in her honor.
  • Options
    Ha. It will be like Wham and tiara day.

We need to get back to our carefree days of pure entertainment.
  • Options
    Not my foot, right?  It's pretty gnarly.  Ew.
  • Options
    Man, am I glad I got a pedicure last week then. Monday sounds good for whatever roll call we are having.
  • Options
    Geez, this is one time I'm glad I'm not part of the fb group!
  • Options
    Ew. Feet. Can I just post my 365 picture from today of the hole in my running shoe instead of my actual foot?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i totally did not mean your own feet. it could be a cartoon foot. a hamster foot. whatever. i definitely do not want to encourage an outpour of self-foot-portraits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards