Georgia-Atlanta

Hi I am new to the board and on the hunt for a dress!

I am just engaged and hoping to start shopping for a wedding dress soon. I am 24 years old and not a huge girly girl. I am looking for mermaid style gowns in the Atlanta Area or online. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for shops to try out. We have a small budget of no more than $1500 for my attire. 

Re: Hi I am new to the board and on the hunt for a dress!

• Try Alfred Angelo, they have a store at Perimeter.  They have tons of dresses, including quite a few mermaid style, and I don't think any of their dresses are over $1500.  Most are closer to $1000, and they seem to have a sale going pretty frequently.
    I bought my dress there and loved it, all the consultants were super nice and helpful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_hi-i-am-new-to-the-board-and-on-the-hunt-for-a-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:53d808c1-659b-41c8-afbe-1c4af3ee417dPost:c94f3535-1548-44c1-ad64-409d87a09f2f">Re: Hi I am new to the board and on the hunt for a dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Alfred Angelo, they have a store at Perimeter.  They have tons of dresses, including quite a few mermaid style, and I don't think any of their dresses are over $1500.  Most are closer to $1000, and they seem to have a sale going pretty frequently. I bought my dress there and loved it, all the consultants were super nice and helpful.
    Posted by tguyton[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks so much! I will try to go and visit it this weekend.... </div><div>
    </div><div>Which dress did you get?  </div>
  • Davids bridal has some mermaid styles. Call and make an appt and try to go during the week if you can. You won't be rushed. Don't forget to look at the preowned wedding dress sites.
  • Make sure you visit  Etain in Newnan -- they are going out of business and have everything 65% off!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_hi-i-am-new-to-the-board-and-on-the-hunt-for-a-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:53d808c1-659b-41c8-afbe-1c4af3ee417dPost:e0f57289-e8c0-4073-ad34-f2cf5ac2bf83">Re: Hi I am new to the board and on the hunt for a dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi I am new to the board and on the hunt for a dress! : Thanks so much! I will try to go and visit it this weekend....  Which dress did you get?  
    Posted by MrsLevell2Be[/QUOTE]

I got style 2251, <a href="http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=5e12251f-f149-4858-a2b2-841f17d09c8d&categoryID=32e5a88c-cbf1-498f-afcf-dbfca138c5d3&pg=0&colorId1=" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">this</a> one except in white instead of ivory.  Good luck dress shopping!
  • Isn't it also true that Anya is moving and having a huge sale? I believe I read that somewhere and was bummed that I already had my dress. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards