Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Downtown Baton Rouge Reception

We are looking at venues downtown for our reception. Does anyone have suggestions? We were looking into de la ronde and The Lyceum in particular, but I've never been to a reception at The Lyceum...however, I love De La Ronde Hall. Also curious about places out of the norm. We want have a small, but very nice wedding (about 150 people)

Thanks!

Re: Downtown Baton Rouge Reception

• I'd look at the old state capital and the old gov's manison. Been to parties at both and was impressed.
  • You can also look into the different restaurants/bars downtown such as the Roux House.  They also do receptions before/during peak hours.
  • I'm using the Lyceum for my reception and I am absolutely pleased.  They are not restricted on alot of the vendors and items you are allowed to bring in and they were pretty inexpensive compared to the other downtown venues.  However, I booked them at the end of last year and am locked in at those prices and from what I understand they went up on their menu packages ~$10 more on each option.  However, I think this still keeps them below the other downtown venues because they do include linens, tables, chairs etc. whereas you would have to rent these items at other downtown venues.  Hope this helps!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_downtown-baton-rouge-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:aa24ecb6-61e7-4f89-b18f-ce9d8640f941Post:b96eee13-6adb-4f4e-98a8-e81ad6f1bc9d">Downtown Baton Rouge Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are looking at venues downtown for our reception. Does anyone have suggestions? We were looking into de la ronde and The Lyceum in particular, but I've never been to a reception at The Lyceum...however, I love De La Ronde Hall. Also curious about places out of the norm. We want have a small, but very nice wedding (about 150 people) Thanks!
    Posted by Cherryebe[/QUOTE]

<div>Ive been to several on top of Tsunami. thats a cool location!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards