Maryland
Options

Private Rental in Eastern Shore, MD

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a private waterfront property for a small wedding, I'm looking for any information anyone can provide. Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Private Rental in Eastern Shore, MD

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_private-rental-in-eastern-shore-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:ff5caef4-92b8-43a5-8cbf-e5b275a5373cPost:3c82049c-7648-4df8-8c7a-8b0cf40be36b">Private Rental in Eastern Shore, MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I'm interested in finding a private waterfront property for a small wedding, I'm looking for any information anyone can provide. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Posted by shavonn98[/QUOTE]

<div>I considered this option for a while and looked on vrbo.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner). You can search by location, and then sort through the individual listings. Is there a specific area on the Eastern Shore that you're looking for or a price range that you're hoping to stay within?</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the response! We've checked VRBO and most of the properties listed have a strict occupany law so we haven't been able to succesfully find a place on that website or eastern shore vacation renta;s. We are looking in St. Micheals, Tlighman Island,  or either Cambrigde. Thanks for any input.  :-)
  • Options
    How large is your guest list? A bed & breakfast may work as well, instead of going the private rental route. I'm from Dorchester County and am familiar with a few of the B&Bs listed on the county's website. I'm actually going to a wedding in 2 weeks at Marvels on the Creek. It's about 10-15 minutes east of Cambridge in Secretary, MD, and right on the water. Even though they don't list weddings on their website, they would probably be willing to work with you. I've been there a few times and it has the feel of a private country home, and the owners are wonderful! 

Lodgecliffe is the other B&B in Cambridge that I've heard really good things about, and they list wedding info on their site. I don't have any firsthand experience with them but the views of the river from that part of town are breathtaking. A sunset wedding there would be gorgeous! They list a few vendor options on their site, and I will 100% agree with Bay Country Bakery and Seasonal Flowers. A lot of the local restaurants will cater private vents, so a full-scale catering company may not be necessary depending on the size of your event. Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards