Chit Chat

Bridesmaid contract

Apparently this is a thing. What would you do if you received one of these?

Re: Bridesmaid contract

• If I received that contract I would leave the wedding party. 
  • I would tear it in half and hand it back.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'd rip it into pieces and throw it in the air like confetti and then never talk to the bride again.

• Is this a joke? or is this real?
    I would assume it was a joke and give the benefit of the doubt. If I was asked to sign it seriously, I would sign a big "F you" and never respond to the person again.
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Oh yuk. Luckily, all my friends would find this as repulsive as I do. Also, maybe this is a British thing I have no idea so maybe not, but I always find it really funny when people say "fall pregnant" as if it were an illness.
  • This looks like a joke.
  • This must be from the UK from the spellings i.e. "colour" and discussion of "hen night"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridesmaid-contract?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:adb69b58-fc7d-4730-b49d-f2d361742bcbPost:5034c155-e5d3-4361-a8cc-de84abdb9c71">Re:Bridesmaid contract</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yuk. Luckily, all my friends would find this as repulsive as I do. Also, maybe this is a British thing I have no idea so maybe not, but I always find it really <strong>funny when people say "fall pregnant"</strong> as if it were an illness.
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd at this and H thought I was going crazy. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks its a funny phrase.

• I thankfully have no one in my life who would issue such demands of me. But if I did I think that would be the end of my friendship with them. I'm not a vendor. i find the parts about not gaining weight or becoming pregnant especially offensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just read it to my FH and our roommate. When I read the no inappropiate date, our roommate asked if that meant no prostitutes or strippers.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • WWJJD? What Would Judge Judy do??

"Your honor, that ho signed a contract! I want $5,000 (the jurisdicitonal limit) for pain and suffering. She didn't paint her nails the way I demanded and she fell pregnant!!!"

• In Response to Re:Bridesmaid contract:[QUOTE]Oh yuk. Luckily, all my friends would find this as repulsive as I do. Also, maybe this is a British thing I have no idea so maybe not, but I always find it really funny when people say "fall pregnant" as if it were an illness. Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]

Or like you tripped and fell on some sperm. Oops!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I don't believe for a second that it was a joke. I bet she only cried "joke" when she began receiving such flack for it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridesmaid-contract?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:adb69b58-fc7d-4730-b49d-f2d361742bcbPost:5b07b68d-aa83-4168-9684-62b407963169">Re: Bridesmaid contract</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would laugh as clearly they'd be sharing it with me as a joke. 
    Posted by xt5678[/QUOTE]
    I'd probably react the same....

Anniversary

• winelover123winelover123 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2013
    I'd run.
  • What a terrible joke. Clearly her bridesmaids aren't close enough to know her personality to take it as something serious. Unless PP is correct in their assumption that it wasn't a joke, but then played it off as one once the people of the internet got wind of it.
    Anniversary
  • I literally died at "fall pregnant." I looked up the article, and it apparently came from the suggestions from 1000 brides surveyed through "You and Your" Magazine. I'm going to go throw up now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bridesmaid-contract?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:adb69b58-fc7d-4730-b49d-f2d361742bcbPost:66d05a86-322d-4e34-ad76-1f172e63e156">Re: Bridesmaid contract</a>:
    [QUOTE]I literally died at "fall pregnant." I looked up the article, and it apparently came from the suggestions from 1000 brides surveyed through "You and Your" Magazine. I'm going to go throw up now.
    Posted by lisabeats[/QUOTE]

Did you?  Did you literally die?  There's a ghost on the boards, y'all.

And please...tell me it's not real.  Or I may literally die.
  • I'm hoping that's a huge joke! But if it were really handed to me I would say "I regret to inform you but my body, my rules. Hope you have a lovely wedding" then cut off contact.
  • Haha princessbride2016, this one was my favorite! For those of you who recollect. You shall not be forced by the bride to permanently alter your appearance for the sake of looking good in the wedding pictures. This includes, but is not limited to, dyeing your hair, removing tattoos, or getting a nose job. Read more: The Bridesmaids Bill of Rights Bridesmaid Advice Bridesmaids http://wedding.theknot.com/weddingplanning/bridalparty/articles/bridesmaidbillofrights.aspxixzz2Om5at7U3
  • Wow, this is so over the top and ridiculous! Any bride who would even consider giving something like this to her bridesmaids deserves a serious intervention. 

And the item about not making inappropriate advances towards male guests at the reception is probably the most insulting and inappropriate of the list. Basically it's stating bridesmaids are not to act like whores... as if the bride would be worried that they'd act in such a way. 

As for the weight limitations, hair and nails specifications, and pregnancy warnings... just completely revolting. How can anyone think something like this would be okay? 

Anniversary
  • LOL; I really want to send it to my bridesmaids as a joke!

Anniversary
  • Definitely would not do this. Bridesmaids are your friends and family, not employees. We don't pay them, as they actually pay up with buying their own attire and shoes.

If I was given that, I'd light it on fire in front of the person giving it to me lol
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• What the fuck is that shit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards