Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Unique Guestbook Ideas

So, I have been thinking about the guestbook and I really don't want to just do a book. I think that it is a waste of money since I probably won't be looking at it and it is kind of boring :) I would do a frame that people can sign and then have a picture in it but we are going to be putting our cake topper (monogram G) and a wedding photo in a shadow box instead.

Can you guys give me any ideas where we could combine the guestbook and giving us marriage advice or something of that nature!

Come on DIY girls out there! I know you have creative ideas :)

Re: Unique Guestbook Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to do something like this:

People can write things and then we'll probably put them in a book or something with photos.

Also, FI had the idea of getting this program called Thrilled For You, which you put on a laptop and people can record a video message.

ETA: I guess the labels are hard to read. They say "Advice", "Memories", and "Predictions". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is sorta similar to PP but an idea I had bookmarked long ago.

a nice fun alternative that you can color coordinate to your wedding colors?
    www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/colorful-cards-guest-book?autonomy_kw=guest%20book" target="_blank">
    http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/colorful-cards-guest-book?autonomy_kw=guest%20book

My Married Lady Bio
    FOR SALE ITEMS Wedding Countdown Ticker

I got married on Friday the 13th!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think what I'm going to do is have a small (2ft) fake tree without leaves and have people write messages on paper tags and hang them, my cousin did this and it was so cool at hte end of the night when the entire tree was filled
  • Options
    bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a vintage suitcase that people can sign.  I am also cutting out little "luggage tags" in matching colors and people can write their wedding advice or wishes for us on them and slip them into the bag.  Then when all is said and done I can keep a bunch of the memento stuff neatly in the bag for years to come.

Our theme is vintage 50s travel.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Find something that is personal to you that people can sign.  One knottie had people sign a guitar because both she and her dh were really into music.  Find something that is special to you that means something.
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read somewhere about doing a time capsule for your 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year anniversary (or whatever years you want). Then guests write down where they think you will be at that time and you can open in on your anniversary. Not really a guest book idea but could be a cool alternative.
  • Options
    DanniRae04DanniRae04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are all wonderful ideas! Right now, I think that we are going to try a puzzle thing. We are going to have puzzle pieces at each place setting and have markers for people to color or write their name on the puzzle piece. Then my Fiance and I will put it together and frame it. We will see if I actually follow through with this. I kind of feel that I am slowly running out of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards