Missouri-Kansas City

Reception site...help!

We're looking for a reception site for the end of August.  We're looking for something under $1000 that can be prettied up.  We want it to be a fun and casual atmosphere for 100 people.  I hate the stuffy ordinary banquet halls that look all the same.  Does anyone know of any affordable warehouses or old buildings that have character?  Or any site that can be used both indoors and outdoors...a patio perhaps? Or a nice banquet hall that doesn't look like all the others.  I've pretty much looked at all the sites listed here on the knot, but they were either out of our budget or boring.  Please let me know if you have any ideas. 

Re: Reception site...help!

• Do you have a particular areas that you are looking for or just anywhere in the metro?  Does this pricing include anything or just the rental space?  Californios, in Westport, came to mind for an indoor and outdoor space for a reasonable price.  Have you checked them out yet?
  • I'm having my wedding at Californos & it is way over $1000 to rent. We are paying close to $8000 for a Saturday reception with 150 guests.  I'd suggest the Lenexa conference center, I think they rent out their space for $1000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the update! Does that price include the food, linens, etc?
  • I did the flowers for a wedding at the platte county fair grounds last summer. It was sept 1st.  They have some cool out buildings along with warehouse type bldg. for both wedding and reception or just reception. very reasonable.

Tisha

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_reception-sitehelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:bee9fa9a-fb68-4e16-b8a8-56c1b36c5b83Post:4a718173-188b-433e-aa3e-ca10f8477198">Reception site...help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're looking for a reception site for the end of August.  We're looking for something under $1000 that can be prettied up.  We want it to be a fun and casual atmosphere for 100 people.  I hate the stuffy ordinary banquet halls that look all the same.  Does anyone know of any affordable warehouses or old buildings that have character?  Or any site that can be used both indoors and outdoors...a patio perhaps? Or a nice banquet hall that doesn't look like all the others.  I've pretty much looked at all the sites listed here on the knot, but they were either out of our budget or boring.  Please let me know if you have any ideas.       
    Posted by Jordan816[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks for the suggestions!  They both sound  good.  Will have to check on them soon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_reception-sitehelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:bee9fa9a-fb68-4e16-b8a8-56c1b36c5b83Post:51c18037-00d8-4115-be86-800363b962d7">Re: Reception site...help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the update! Does that price include the food, linens, etc?
    Posted by Micaela2007[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes it does include a lot of extras.  Food, open bar (4 hours), linens, and tips are all included.  I'd definitely recommend Californos if you have the budget for it!  Many of our guests commented on how impressed they were with the food & venue. We are very happy with how it turned out, couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck on your search!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're a resident of Lenexa, the Lenexa Conference Center is $900 for a weekend time, but you can only use it from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m and that includes set up and tear down. If you need more time than that, they charge you for a full day, which is $2,000. If you're not a resident, it's more. http://www.lenexa.com/parks/pdfs/facilities_conferencecenter.pdf
  • Weston Bend State Park, in Weston, has a beautifully restored private venue called the Bee Creek Shelter. It rents for just over $300 for Fri-Sunday. You can bring in your own food and drink and it comes with tables and chairs. We had our wedding there last month and it was a hidden gem. They don't really advertise, but should! 

Try Vintage Wedding Rentals KC's page on Facebook for tons of inexpensive rental items from linens, plates, mason jars, rustic furniture, old windows, milk glass to dessert table staging stuff. They offer a package where you can get everything you need to decorate your wedding, including table chargers, for $400. :)
  • SNHendrix- Do you have photos of the venue you used? FH and I live in Houston, so we aren't able to visit all the venues we'd like to see.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards