Nevada-Las Vegas

5/4/12 Reviews - Part 2

Harmony Medina (A+)

I had a trial with Harmony two days before the wedding, and on the day of, we made a few tweaks.  I loved my hair and makeup!  Harmony is such a sweetheart and is very easygoing.  She also did hair and makeup for my mom and MOH and hair for my grandma.  They looked great!  My hair and airbrush makeup stayed all night.

FYI – if you have never worn strip false eyelashes, they definitely take some time to get used to.  One came a little loose during the reception, so I just took them off at that point.

Todd – Bently & Wilson (A+ pending photos)

Todd was so laid back and just seemed to roll with everything.  We hired him for six hours and he shot our getting ready pics, first look, pre-ceremony strip tour, and family photos after the ceremony.  During our two-hour strip tour, we made it to the LV sign, Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, and the Venetian on a Friday afternoon.  I thought we would only have time for two stops, and I can’t wait to see his photos!  He told my FI that he took more than 1,000 photos.

Flamingo Gazebo Chapel (A)

My coordinator was Kristen, and she was very prompt to respond to emails and very pleasant on the phone.  My wedding fell on her day off, but the other coordinator (didn’t get her name) was very nice and had all of our details correct.  The flowers looked beautiful – all pale pink roses.

Our ceremony was outside in the Gazebo Chapel, and it is such a beautiful location.  It is near the pool, and when we visited the day before the wedding, I could hear some pool noise but did not notice anything the day of.  The area is shaded, so although it was about 90 degrees on our wedding day, it did not feel too hot – the temperature was perfect.

Rev. Donald officiated the ceremony, and he did a very nice job.  My FI was so nervous being up in front of people and wanted the shortest ceremony possible.  I think it was less than 10 minutes long.

Cashman (A-)

James was our ceremony photographer, and he took some great photos.  The only reason for the A- is their prices, which you all know are outrageous.  We went to Cashman’s office the day after the wedding to pick up the 12-4x6’s that were included in our package and were surprised to find the woman was not as pushy as we were expecting.

AWG (A)

We hired a 16-passenger party bus for our two-hour strip tour prior to the wedding.  Our driver was on time and courteous.  I have no complaints.  I like the fact that the gratuity was included in the quoted price, but we also tipped him a little extra the day of.

Bell Trans (A)

We used two 24-passenger buses to transport our guests from the ceremony to reception.  They were nothing fancy but were the most cost effective way to transport our guests.  The buses arrived early, and I have no complaints about them either.

76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 5/4/12 Reviews - Part 2

• How did photos at the Cosmo go? Did you run into any issues at all?
  • No issues whatsoever!  I told Todd I really wanted to go to Cosmopolitan, but I knew we couldn't.  He told me that he was just there taking photos the day before.  I was really paranoid the whole time we were there after hearing that recent bride's story about the security guard trying to delete photos.  I'm hoping we have some fantastic photos there - it is gorgeous! 
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for the reviews!!  That's so awesome that you were able to take pics in Cosmo :D  I can't wait to see!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_5412-reviews-part-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:95e7fc8e-857c-4533-ba74-567607a92d88Post:282d9361-c620-4c14-8dc4-8ba154b533c6">Re: 5/4/12 Reviews - Part 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]No issues whatsoever!  I told Todd I really wanted to go to Cosmopolitan, but I knew we couldn't.  He told me that he was just there taking photos the day before.  I was really paranoid the whole time we were there after hearing that recent bride's story about the security guard trying to delete photos.  I'm hoping we have some fantastic photos there - it is gorgeous! 
    Posted by easullins[/QUOTE]

<div>Really? That's great to hear they didn't give you any problems, I'm excited to see how they turned out for you!</div>
  • I seriously thought every employee who even looked at us was going to kick us out - that's how nervous I was.  I hope you ladies have as easy of a time as I did!  It is a fabulous hotel!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards