Nevada-Las Vegas

Insuite Receptions

Question???
If you are having an insuite reception, are you having your ceremony at that hotels chapel? I just called PH to get info, and she said if I wasn't having the ceremony there, I would have to choose a package...UPGRADE.. and use their  catering????

Is this the norm????  I am curious how everyone that is having an insuite reception doiing it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Insuite Receptions

• I am having an insuite ceremony and reception...the hotel doesn't need to know that lol I booked an officiant we both felt comfortable with. Where do you want to have your ceremony?
  • Having my ceremony at an outside chapel and not telling the hotel about my in-suite. Once you say the word "wedding" they start totalling up your bill as high as the hotel.
  • gotcha.. But how are you gonna have the caterers and vendors get in without any issues?
    Wedding at Chapel of  the Flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should be able to use the luggage carts from the hotel to bring the food in, that's how many of the past brides have done it.

Did you ask caterer that you are considering? 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_insuite-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7eb979cb-fdc8-4707-b5c0-c240fa0814fbPost:f8a019ea-13ed-4818-93db-616856286c6d">Re: Insuite Receptions</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should be able to use the luggage carts from the hotel to bring the food in, that's how many of the past brides have done it. Did you ask caterer that you are considering? 
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. My FI and I are trying to figure out how to do it on the down-low too, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_insuite-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7eb979cb-fdc8-4707-b5c0-c240fa0814fbPost:b061bfc5-c6de-4488-9387-4803ac460147">Insuite Receptions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question??? If you are having an insuite reception, are you having your ceremony at that hotels chapel? I just called PH to get info, and she said if I wasn't having the ceremony there, I would have to choose a package...UPGRADE.. and use their  catering???? Is this the norm????  I am curious how everyone that is having an insuite reception doiing it?
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

The only issue I know of with PH is that their Panorama and Boulevard suites can only be booked through either the chapel or group dining/events folks, which means you'd be stuck catering with the hotel if you wanted either of those rooms.  The Apex suite is pretty large though and can be booked directly so you can bring in your own vendors using that one.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_insuite-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7eb979cb-fdc8-4707-b5c0-c240fa0814fbPost:aa31ea9f-7aae-4a29-af01-1c02f8fd5212">Re: Insuite Receptions</a>:
    [QUOTE]gotcha.. But how are you gonna have the caterers and vendors get in without any issues? Wedding at Chapel of  the Flowers
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

The vendors should have their own carts,  The PH valet will not allow vendors to use the valet or their carts but they should have their own anyway since it's a lot easier to walk through a hotel unnoticed if you don't ask employees of the hotel to help lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards