Nevada-Las Vegas

My Mirage Wedding!

I got married at the Mirage on July 19! I know I am one of the first(or the first?) person to get married at the Mirage on this board so here is my review! I will have to add pictures later when I find out how lol.

MIRAGE VOLCANO DAYTIME WEDDING: A
The wedding was beautiful. The location wasn't as private as I thought it would be, but they blocked off the sidewalk closest to the ceremony site so it definitely seems more private and people arent walking by watching or anything. And it is on real grass so if you are wearing heels, you sink, deep lol. You have to walk on your tip toes which looks kind of funny in a video, but you can't tell in photo's. It was definitley a beautiful site though, very tropical feeling!

WEDDING COORDINATOR - A+

Our wedding coordinator was Rachel Nelson and she was great! Always helpful, always available, always answered emails promptly no matter what the question. She was awesome hands down. She really makes you feel like you are her friend.

FLOWERS - A+

The bouquets the Mirage offer are beautiful, they are large and if you don't like a certain colour in the bouquet you can get a different colour of the same flower, as long as it's not to exotic colour they don't charge you extra. I got the Fall Exotic Bouquet and it was BEAUTIFUL. I exchanged the Orange Calla Lilies with Ivory and the other Mango orchid with yellow.

CASHMAN PHOTO'S - A

As you girls know I was worried about the pictures. They ended up turning out awesome, they supplied us with 2 photographers, which was awesome, though I had my tip envelopes ready before hand and wasn't anticipating 2 photographers so they got a little cheaped out lol. The main photographers name was Danielle, but I don't remember the secondary photographers name. They did a great job, had lots of idea's, but you could tell that Danielle would get kind of upset if we spent a lot of time outside. Which isn't a huge deal, it is HOT, but it could have been less conveyed to me so I didn't feel guilty and rushed from getting pictures I wanted.
All in all though I loved the pictures, and we did end up buying them all! When we bought a package the price didn't seem that bad, it was  $1600 for 264 5x7, 3 8x10, 1 20x40, the master cd and the photobook and collage. Didn't seem that bad, if I printed them at home it would have cost more!

Kim Vu Salon - A

My hair stylest was Raynelle and she was awesome, so friendly and did my hair excatly like the picture I showed her. She chatted the whole time and made me feel super comfortable. Brianna did my make up and she did a excellent job also. I loved my make up that day... she did it excatly like I asked. The only negative was the price... it cost $340 after tipping :S

All in all it was an awesome wedding :) We got into the Dolphin Habitat for free... and we got to go IN the dolphin pool and get a family photo touching the dolphin which I wasn't expecting. I will post pictures as soon as I figure it out!

Hope this helps anyone considering the Mirage as a wedding venue!

Edited to add - Sorry some how the edited got deleted, so I added couple pics to show the venue for those who are having volcano weddings and want an idea of what it looks like!

Re: My Mirage Wedding!

• Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS to you!!!! Thanks for posting the reviews, I am concerned about Cashman as well, especially the cost (gulp) so I'm glad to hear that you were happy with them.

Can't wait to see pictures!!! Post away :)
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats; love to hear about everything going according to plan!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    I love the dolphin habitat!  Holy geez @ the Cashman price! But at least you have all of your photos and are happy.  I totally spaced on tipping the hotel photog ... I have plans to tip my outside photog, but I forgot about the other one. Add that to the tip list!

Thanks for the reviews, can't wait to see pictures with the dolphins!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yay congrats!  I love the idea of the volcano or the waterfall at the Mirage!  
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, post pics soon. Dolphin habitat was one of my favorite places we visited when we were there in May. 
  • edited December 2011
    I cant wait to see pics. sounds awesome and beautiful!!

CONGRAAATS!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I'm glad it all turned out so well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I can't wait to see pictures. :)
  • edited December 2011
    If they would have had weddings at the Mirage when we booked ours last year - I would have been tempted by the volcano idea.  I especially was taken by the name of the package "Some Like it Hot" as that is a Marilyn movie :)

Loved staying at the hotel and can't wait to see your photos.
  • edited December 2011

Congrats!! Love the dolphins picture, You were beautiful and happy, Oh you little girls are so cute. Congrats & good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Love the pictures!
    Anniversary
  • natalia1102natalia1102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations!! my soon to be hubby and i are contemplating hotels at the moment and its good to hear good reviews regarding one of the hotels on the list!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I  hope my reviews help others like so many of your reviews have helped us with our wedding planning!
  • edited December 2011
    The dolphin picture is amazing...what an experience that must have been. Congrats ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh i love your wedding it looks so chill!!! Congrats again!
  • dcandme13dcandme13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married Poolside at The Mirage 10/2/10...I am NERVOUS about the whole thing...didnt even think about tipping the photographers???? And what other packages did they offer? We just have an hour with them and we get a bunch of 5x7s for free...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mirage-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:54503ef8-4fc6-4180-b27e-891a131cb7b1Post:70ac0003-2680-4f11-9832-ecc516f53ef0">Re: My Mirage Wedding! ** updated with pics!!***</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married Poolside at The Mirage 10/2/10...I am NERVOUS about the whole thing...didnt even think about tipping the photographers???? And what other packages did they offer? We just have an hour with them and we get a bunch of 5x7s for free...
    Posted by dcandme13[/QUOTE]

The way she explained it was that they base the price on how many pictures they take, so if you are only having an hour it will probably be a bit cheaper then our package because we had 2 hours! The only package they offered was $1680 for the Master CD, 268 5x7, 2 8x10, 1 20x30, photo magazine type thing and a collage. Then they had a higher package that gave you 2 CD's (one for backup I guess?) and frames for the 8x10's for $1860 or something along that.

If you don't want the Master CD you can order your prints up to 6 months later I think it is, so you can look at them on the computer and order. The prints are pricey though thats for sure! But that way if you don't have a ton of money up front for pictures you can order them slowly.

We tipped the Officiant, Wedding Planner and Photographer, but the Photographer's kinda got a low tip because I wasn't expecting 2 photographers!. I tipped $50, but if I had known there was going to be 2 I would have tipped $100, for $50 each.

I hope that helps! :) I was so nervous about getting married at the Mirage because I couldn't find any reviews for it anywhere! I think the poolside will be beautiful, I love the pool there!
  • crow99crow99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are the pictures - am I being blind but can't see any?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the review, I'm having a night volcano ceremony in April 2011 and have been searching for some kind of review for months!  Now I'm really excited about my choice
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dcandme13dcandme13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What did yu tip the officiant and wedding planner?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mirage-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:54503ef8-4fc6-4180-b27e-891a131cb7b1Post:4634a586-0d0d-4fda-b1bb-a1577ca69a36">Re: My Mirage Wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did yu tip the officiant and wedding planner?
    Posted by dcandme13[/QUOTE]

I tipped my wedding planner $100 because she did a lot of work for us and stayed with us for our entire wedding and pictures, and I tipped the officiant $50!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards