Nevada-Las Vegas

Reception??

We are getting married at a later time (like 8 or 9pm) on a Friday night. Can I get some suggestions for a "reception" dinner or should I do a "brunch" reception????  I don't want a traditional reception but definitely want to do something for the guests I have coming. With it being late though, should I do a brunch instead?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception??

• What's the guest count and general age?  If it's something like 20 guests who are mostly your friends who'd be down to party late into the night then I'd say do something like completely non-traditional open bar at a club for the reception, but if it's a more traditional mix of people I'd probably do a hosted brunch since it's nice to have a formal 'thanks' for coming to the wedding.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reception-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f42cb675-35c5-437f-b9f6-05c35633378dPost:4df20825-b6ed-4e74-9a69-8726b48150bb">Re: Reception??</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's the guest count and general age?  If it's something like 20 guests who are mostly your friends who'd be down to party late into the night then I'd say do something like completely non-traditional open bar at a club for the reception, but if it's a more traditional mix of people I'd probably do a hosted brunch since it's nice to have a formal 'thanks' for coming to the wedding.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this because most people would have probably already had dinner by 8/9pm.</div>
  • Or do an in-suite with appitizers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lacih44lacih44 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Guest count will be around 40-50, mostly 25-30-somethings with the exception of our parents...most likely will be up for going out but just in case, any suggestions on a place for brunch if I decide to go with that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards