New Hampshire

1 year old cake is delicious :)

We've been eating the top tier of our wedding cake all week and it's actually quite tasty! It's from Frederick's Pastries. The cake itself is a little drier than when it was fresh, but still very tasty. My only "complaint" is that there is way too much frosting! Neither one of us is a fan of excessive amounts of frosting, so at our wedding we both had inside pieces of the cake that only had frosting on top. Eating the small, top tier, every piece is an outside piece with way too much frosting. ah well!

To freeze our cake we put it in the freezer overnight - just sitting in the box Frederick's gave us to store it. Then took it out, wrapped it in a layer of saran wrap, a layer of aluminum foil, another layer of saran wrap and then put it back in the box. Having it frozen made it much easier to wrap. Took it out one year later, defrosted in the fridge for a day and then ate it! yum!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My two favorite cats!
Anniversary

Re: 1 year old cake is delicious :)

• YuMMMy721YuMMMy721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake is always yummy and congrats on making it to the one year mark!! Hopefully its been a great year! 

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip.  We just put our cake in the box that was provided in the freezer.  I think I am going to take it out and wrap it with saran wrap and aluminum foil like you had yours...hope it isn't too late.  Wouldn't want it to have a 'freezer burn' taste.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips...I had no idea how to properly freeze it when the time comes
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ate our top layer the week after the wedding  Embarassed  We'll just buy a new one when our anniversary rolls around. (G)
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lilac++Lilac++ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_1-year-old-cake-delicious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:eeb1e4a7-ebed-4274-922f-09471d6c97b0Post:4ae6ac49-08db-4a58-a011-dffd4f565506">Re: 1 year old cake is delicious :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We ate our top layer the week after the wedding    We'll just buy a new one when our anniversary rolls around. (G)
    Posted by kpkeaney[/QUOTE]

That's probably the best idea :) We went away right after our wedding, so we would have had to freeze it anyways. We talked about having it to celebrate 6 months of marriage (I wanted my freezer space back!!), but we decided to hold out for a year anyways.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards