New Jersey

Black Friday Special - Photography??

I was browsing on Google and an Ad came up that showed a photographer that was offering a Black Friday special on photography & video packages for 2012-2013 weddings.
My questions are:

Has anyone heard of Brian Delia Photography? I see that he has tons of great reviews, but was curious if anyone on here has sat down with him yet?

I spoke with him on the phone and he seems very knowledgeable of the industry... seems very experienced, and his work is nice... But this whole Black Friday Special that the company is doing seems too good to be true.

Just want everyone's opinion on anything about the company or what you think of this special... If it seems legit... he said he is fully insured and a registered business with NJ. So I dunno. Just want to hear an outside opinion.. because I cannot find anything bad about his company online. (maybe I am just being paranoid).

Here is a link to the website:
www.TheNewJerseyWeddingPhotographer.com

Here is the link to the Black Friday Specials:
www.TheNewJerseyWeddingPhotographer.com/Current_Promotions.html

Thanks, Rosa

Re: Black Friday Special - Photography??

• RosaP82RosaP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello... Anyone, have anything to say??? LOL... I couldn't wait because the promotion ends at the end of November, so I booked a meeting... Wish me luck!

• GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with him and I don't recall anyone else on this board ever talking about him.

That said, I don't know that I see anything on his website to get excited about and I would caution you to not feel pressured to sign because some sale is going to expire (remember, this isn't Macy's; he's the owner and can extend the offer if he wishes).  Let's face it, he's offering this because business must not be very good.

I didn't think the work in his portfolio was bad, but it wasn't of the kind of quality where I'd pay the $3500 oringal price just for photography.  His pictures just aren't THAT good.  And the albums sound like they're very low quality (soft covered albums?).  I imagine they're printed coffee-table books and not truly photo albums.  And his site doesn't even show samples of his video work.

At a disounted price of $4k for both, if it were me, I'd look at photographers like Robert Wayne Photography or Jason Rhee and couple them with someone like GT Modern Creations.  The price would probably work out about the same, I think the quality of the photography and video would be much higher, and there's no "sale" about to end.  Just IMO.
  • bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the best thing about this guy's website is probably his logo. His photos suck.
  • RosaP82RosaP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow... beresonable... Thank you for your feedback. It was kindly written and well thought out. Maybe your name should be "unbelievable." LOL
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_black-friday-special-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a598b78a-b0f9-4f78-aaf9-897dbf926bd1Post:818bc3bb-9f99-457d-8865-173c376e5ced">Re: Black Friday Special - Photography??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow... beresonable... Thank you for your feedback. It was kindly written and well thought out. Maybe your name should be "unbelievable." LOL
    Posted by RosaP82[/QUOTE]

<div>Excuse me? You wanted opinions on that photographer. I gave it to you. His photos look amateurish. If that's what you're looking for and that's your style, then I apologise if my honest opinion offended you.</div>
  • RosaP82RosaP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_black-friday-special-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a598b78a-b0f9-4f78-aaf9-897dbf926bd1Post:95e23223-f066-4c72-8c02-74b4fe459cda">Re: Black Friday Special - Photography??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black Friday Special - Photography?? : Excuse me? You wanted opinions on that photographer. I gave it to you. His photos look amateurish. If that's what you're looking for and that's your style, then I apologise if my honest opinion offended you.
    Posted by bereasonable2[/QUOTE]

I asked everyone a question... I would appreciate more constructive feedback on my situation, then an answer that I would get from a 4 year old. You said his photos suck, and now you are saying his work is "amateurish"... If I was in your shoes and another member posted similar, I would elaberate why I think the photographers work sucked or is amateur... Not give out one word answers.

Now this is where I talk to you the way that you understand..
    Why does his photos suck?
    Why does his photos seem amateurish?

(Im waiting for an answer from you that goes something like "Cause they do...I dunno")

And another thing... I see that you post a lot of similar things onto other peoples postings on the knot. You are always involved in conflicts on here. Are you a vendor that is trying to make other vendors look bad in order to feel better about your situation and/or gain new business? 
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_black-friday-special-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a598b78a-b0f9-4f78-aaf9-897dbf926bd1Post:2f5865fb-b961-43b2-afe5-38bd435c6fcb">Black Friday Special - Photography??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was browsing on Google and an Ad came up that showed a photographer that was offering a Black Friday special on photography & video packages for 2012-2013 weddings. My questions are: Has anyone heard of Brian Delia Photography? I see that he has tons of great reviews, but was curious if anyone on here has sat down with him yet? I spoke with him on the phone and he seems very knowledgeable of the industry... seems very experienced, and his work is nice... But this whole Black Friday Special that the company is doing seems too good to be true. Just want everyone's opinion on anything about the company or what you think of this special... If it seems legit... he said he is fully insured and a registered business with NJ. <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ff0000"><strong>So I dunno.</strong> </font>Just want to hear an outside opinion.. because I cannot find anything bad about his company online. (maybe I am just being paranoid). Here is a link to the website: <a href="http://www.TheNewJerseyWeddingPhotographer.com" rel='nofollow'>www.TheNewJerseyWeddingPhotographer.com</a> Here is the link to the Black Friday Specials: <a href="http://www.TheNewJerseyWeddingPhotographer.com/Current_Promotions.html" rel='nofollow'>www.TheNewJerseyWeddingPhotographer.com/Current_Promotions.html</a> Thanks, Rosa
    Posted by RosaP82[/QUOTE]
    It's kind of funny that you're sarcastically expecting an "I dunno," don't you think?<div>
    </div><div>Anyway, I never met with this photographer, but I did land on his website when I was in the photography search also. Honestly, the PP is right. His photos are of poor quality. The lighting is terrible and you can see uneven skintones in a lot of the pictures. Normally, a photographer would put their absolute best on their site, right? So if this is his best....</div><div>
    </div><div>There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. I found an incredibly reasonably priced photographer (in my opinion), but he is by no means cheap. Most on here seem to be weary of photogs who offer sales. It makes them seem like they are desperate for clients and therefore don't have a good reputation. Something to keep in mind.</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_black-friday-special-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a598b78a-b0f9-4f78-aaf9-897dbf926bd1Post:aeb25141-45f8-4760-9bec-0c2a177bf3a6">Re: Black Friday Special - Photography??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black Friday Special - Photography?? : I asked everyone a question... I would appreciate more constructive feedback on my situation, then an answer that I would get from a 4 year old. You said his photos suck, and now you are saying his work is "amateurish"... If I was in your shoes and another member posted similar, I would elaberate why I think the photographers work sucked or is amateur... Not give out one word answers. Now this is where I talk to you the way that you understand.. Why does his photos suck? Why does his photos seem amateurish? (Im waiting for an answer from you that goes something like "Cause they do...I dunno") And another thing... I see that you post a lot of similar things onto other peoples postings on the knot. You are always involved in conflicts on here. Are you a vendor that is trying to make other vendors look bad in order to feel better about your situation and/or gain new business? 
    Posted by RosaP82[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I like to be direct and to the point. No sense in using 5 words when 1 will do nicely. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you're asking me to tell you why they suck because you can't see that they are amateurish, I'm more than happy to critique this guy's work for you. </div><div>
    </div><div>I work in a field where I see ad work come across my desk on a daily basis. I know good photography when I see it and I don't see it on that guy's website. It does look like he paid for a professional looking logo, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

</div>
    edited December 2011
    Or... maybe YOU'RE actually Brian Delia posing as a bride. Maybe that's why you got your panties all in a bunch when I said your photography sucked, eh Brian?  LOL
  • RosaP82RosaP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually met with Brian tonight... Very educated, young guy, but was able to connect with me and understand my worries. I was very surprised with his work that he showed me... He also explained his respect for client privacy and that he only shows the work of clients who he obtains a secondary permission for, for online use.

So yes, his work online shows some of his good work, but in person I was able to view other weddings that he captured, he also showed me some of his other freelance work from the last 10 years (nature, family, & pet photography).

Brian must have been in his mid-twenty's but was married, has a 1.5yr old daughter, and another child on the way. I felt at the meeting as if I were talking to a friend. He even told me not to book with him, and to sleep on it. A lot better than most photographers out there, who are very pushy.

All in all, his work, professionalism, and pricing were very fair... I could only image how he will be on my wedding day... lol... couldn't wait so I booked him!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_black-friday-special-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a598b78a-b0f9-4f78-aaf9-897dbf926bd1Post:e5986b06-f8a2-4152-b04b-c6374a922c4c">Re: Black Friday Special - Photography??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually met with Brian tonight... Very educated, young guy, but was able to connect with me and understand my worries. I was very surprised with his work that he showed me... He also explained his respect for client privacy and that he only shows the work of clients who he obtains a secondary permission for, for online use. So yes, his work online shows some of his good work, but in person I was able to view other weddings that he captured, he also showed me some of his other freelance work from the last 10 years (nature, family, & pet photography). Brian must have been in his mid-twenty's but was married, has a 1.5yr old daughter, and another child on the way. I felt at the meeting as if I were talking to a friend. He even told me not to book with him, and to sleep on it. A lot better than most photographers out there, who are very pushy. All in all, his work, professionalism, and pricing were very fair... I could only image how he will be on my wedding day... lol... couldn't wait so I booked him!
    Posted by RosaP82[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Post count = 8. You're totally Brian Delia or you work for him. 'Nuff said.

</div>
  • BrianDelia84BrianDelia84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Rosa for giving me the chance to prove myself. Although it wasn't necessary,I appreciate you sticking up for me on here.

Now time for a little bit of damage control. lol

bereasonable2 & rlavach:

I am not desperate for clients. I did not create the black friday sale out of desperation. Actually I did it as a marketing ploy just like any other company out there who runs promotions. In this economy, things need to be done in order to generate a consistent income. Now more than ever, is it becoming tough to be a small business in the United States, especially when large corporations lower industry standards in order to cut out "Mom & Pop" shops. There are two major competitor companies -Bella Pictures & Davids Bridal- who are like the McDonalds of this industry. They have endless amounts of advertising and capital available to advertise. The worst part is their pricing point. Just like you (I would assume), I have a family to support and this is my career. My intentions are to generate income respectfully, as well as professionally.

By the way, the website & the logo were all designed and built by me. I built my company from the ground up, without one single penny spent on a designer or any capital to do so. I went to school for my Bachelors in Digital Arts & Design & my Masters in Internet Marketing, which has helped me create this company. 5 years ago, I formed my company through the state of NJ and each year I have doubled business (very grateful to own my company). I have never received negative feedback from one of my clients. To be honest, this whole post on TheKnot has been the most negative thing I have ever dealt with.

I expect that there will be prospective clients out there who dislike my work. If there wasn't, then that would be great. I appreciate everyone's opinions on my work, and I plan on using the information to better my work, my company, and myself. So any other feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I really wish I saw this posting before it got out of hand. I will try and stay more active in this online community and hopefully answer questions before things get crazy next time.

Thank you all, for your time and consideration.

Brian Delia - BDelia Photography LLC
  • RosaP82RosaP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope... neither. Nice try though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards