New Jersey
Options

Casa Bianca, Oak Ridge, NJ- advice???

Hi all! Looking for some experienced brides advice here.....fiance and I looked at Casa Bianca in Oak Ridge this weekend. It is gorgeous! Sammi Jr. was very professional and very willing to work with us on price. The amount of food that we get is crazy for the price he gave us!!!! There's one snag....no outdoor space. We are specifically getting married in October becuase we love fall in North Jersey. This venue is much more "ballroom" than we were originally looking for but we do love it. They are supposed to be adding an outdoor area in the next 6-10 months. We aren't getting hitched until Oct. of 2013, but believe me, I'm not banking on them being done. We would totally be up for a park wedding in the area. I guess I'm just torn on deciding on a venue that doesn't offer what we thought we originally wanted, but knowing at the same time that it could very well rain that day, and the outdoor space is a moot point anyway.

I guess I'm just looking for anyone who has any thoughts or advice on compromising on this aspect of our wedding. Anyone who might know of a park that is nice for a ceremony in the Oak Ridge, Jefferson, Lake Hopatcong area would be great too! I would love to get married on the lake but my google searches haven't turned up anything yet. Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Casa Bianca, Oak Ridge, NJ- advice???

• Options
    Sending you a PM!!!! I live right down the road from Casa Bianca....
  • Options
    I had my shower there and we also had my sister's RD there a few years ago. It is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the service is great.  I would highly recommend it. I do know someone who had their wedding there and was very happy with them. You are right about the outdoor space, but from experience, ur right- it did rain on my wedding day and we didnt get to enjoy the outside space at my venue anyway. You may want to look into a ceremony on Lake Mohwak in Sparta or there is a park in Kinnelon I know one photographer mentioned taking pictures at as well.  Good luck!
  • Options

I'm having my wedding at Casa Bianca October 2012. I fell in love with the space and feel you get alot for your money.  However, I was disappointed about the outdoor space as well.  I'm praying they are able to buy the land next door and build the outdoor space before my wedding LOL but I am not holding my breathe.  So I am now searching like crazy for a place to take pictures in the area after the church.  Good Luck with your decision.  AND if you find a great place for pictures in the area PM me! : )

Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Options

Mahlon Dickinson (sp) Reservation is right around the corner.

• Options
    Silas Conduct Park in Kinnelon is close and a beautiful park with a lake
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice and suggestions ladies. We are seriously considering booking after discussing our options!

Chilover- I'll keep you in mind if I hear or see anything great :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I live in Oak Ridge and I second Mahlon Dickerson, I'd probably take a hike up there to scout out spots (try Headly's Overlook, on most days you can see Lake Hopatcong from there) and check with the park rangers to see if you can actually hold a ceremony there. There are also many beautiful spots around Lake Hopatcong, but the only places I can think of are restaurants. Like the Jefferson House, Alice's and the Windlass. The Jefferson House actually does weddings, personally I think the food is sub par, but they do have a nice gazebo overlooking the lake for ceremonies. It might be possible to have your ceremony there and take a 15 minute drive to Casa Bianca for the reception. Also I'd look around West Milford (about 15-30 mins from Casa Bianca) for additonal outdoorsy spots. I've never hiked there but I do know there are trails.
  • Options
    I OMGGG you are going to love CB!!! i got married November 26, 2011 and it was a perfect 60 degree weather... What i ended up doing was taking a few road shots... it was fun and different... and YES they do not have a lot of outdoor space but they do have that small semi-waterfall thingy on the side and if its just for pictures sake and not for actual viewing, it def did it's job... ill attach some "outdoor" pix my photog took just to give u an idea :)

PS.. our limo driver also stopped in the middle of the road to take pix of me :) Just an idea....

this is a pic taken OTW to CB

Background waterfall

this one is taken right next to CB

and one of my FAVE pix was taken INSIDE the ballroom... under the chandelier :)

We also took a few pix on top of the bar... and on the staircase... def could work :)

GLuck!!!!

Sammi IS amazing!!!!

• Options
    I'm no help for your actual question.  I'd just like to thank you for posting your opinion of Casa Bianca.  My mom has been pushing this place on me but I remember it from when it was just a restaurant so I didn't want to consider it.  I think we should go take a look!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_casa-bianca-oak-ridge-nj-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:1934fbc5-caa5-4c1a-bfcf-d6b113f2bdf7Post:31a9e7a5-961f-4530-93c1-e70627709600">Re: Casa Bianca, Oak Ridge, NJ- advice???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm no help for your actual question.  I'd just like to thank you for posting your opinion of Casa Bianca.  My mom has been pushing this place on me but I remember it from when<strong> it was just a restaurant</strong> so I didn't want to consider it.  I think we should go take a look!
    Posted by garbasaurus[/QUOTE]

Its no longer a restaurant....they are now only open to banquets and on Fridays/Saturdays they do a comedy show and dinner theater when they have nothing booked. I am actually sad they no longer serve dinner because they are so good and I love the staff.
  • Options
    Definitely worth a look garbasaurus! It really is beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ garbasaurus, we blocked rooms at the Holiday Inn in Mt. Arlington.. it's a 15 min drive... they were very accomodating and beautiful... there's a marriot across the street but they are doing some renovation... so we didnt book there.. Linda is the person i worked with and she is amazing...

• Options
    My 1st and only phone call has been with Linda as well and she was very nice and professional. I'm going to swing by in the next couple of weeks to check out the bridal suite and the after party room they provide!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The bridal suite is not HUGE but very nice... it has a jacuzzi in the room and an electronic fireplace.

The party room is just a regular room they rent out where you can bring in your own food (or order food that the hotel can take care of for you) BUT she did tell me that music is VERY limited since there are other people on the floor and dont want to disrupt them. Just to keep in mind :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards