New Jersey

Heard this on z100 this morning

Thoughts?
------------

It seems a 20 year old woman had been going to her health club and getting regular massages from the same male masseuse. He is a thirty year old man who is apparently very effeminate and therefore seemed to be outwardly “gay”. During the massage he asked her if she wanted her breasts and buttocks rubbed down as well.  Before you jump to any conclusions, according to Joel Lewis who is also a massage therapist in New Jersey,  it is not unusual for breasts and buttocks to be included in a massage, but must be done by someone with a special certification for it.  This woman agreed to have the complete rub down.

Well, after this had gone on a few times with no adverse results, the woman found out that the masseuse wasn’t gay, in fact he had a girlfriend.  Now, keep in mind to my knowledge the man never said he was gay, merely appeared to her to be gay. After realizing he was not indeed gay the woman then called the police and filed criminal sexual conduct charges against the masseuse. In her complaint she said that she ” was under the impression it was a regular practice” and that he “was of homosexual orientation”.

-----------------------------

Should it of mattered if he was gay or not?

1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy

Re: Heard this on z100 this morning

• edited December 2011
    Obnoxious charges, lawsuits, etc. like this make me want to poke my eyeballs out.

And the whole thing brings to mind a little lesson that my 8th grade social studies teacher taught our class: When you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

PS - Regardless of a person's sexual orientation, I would never feel comfortable having anyone even touch my personal areas unless it was my doctor doing a very professional exam or FI, of course, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Should it of mattered if he was gay or not?

He asked her if she wanted this legitimate practice done and she agreed (this is assuming that he is properly certified). And it appears that he never said he was gay, so it's not like he intentionally misled her.

And even if he was gay, he could've taken advantage of her if he really wanted to. I don't see why a professional straight man who's just doing his job is any different from a professional gay man doing his job ... why do we have straight male gynocologists in that case?

So I say she will not win the lawsuit and she's wrong to file it in the first place.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_heard-this-z100-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d5ce1d68-3eb7-42bb-aa7a-1650ca278247Post:8982b133-2551-4ef9-8a67-a6cc9ac01c35">Re: Heard this on z100 this morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]He asked her if she wanted this legitimate practice done and she agreed (this is assuming that he is properly certified). And it appears that he never said he was gay, so it's not like he intentionally misled her. And even if he was gay, he could've taken advantage of her if he really wanted to. I don't see why a professional straight man who's just doing his job is any different from a professional gay man doing his job ... why do we have straight male gynocologists in that case? So I say she will not win the lawsuit and she's wrong to file it in the first place.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]
    I wholeheartedly agree! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummm didnt she agree to it? What does it matter if hes straight or gay? Stupid lol
  • edited December 2011
    It shouldn't have made a difference if he was gay or not. He asked and she said yes. If it is documented that that type of thing is standard practice then why not. If she felt uncomfortable after he first asked she should have said something then or stopped using his services!

The masseuse shouldn't be held accountable for her wrong assumptions. Now it would be a totally different story if he tried to deceive her on purpose...

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011
    Even if she wins, sounds like the dood had to spend at least a day in jail......messed up.
    --------------

The suspect, who is 30 and is not named in the report by NewJersey.com, appeared in central judicial processing court in Jersey City Thursday on video from Hudson County jail. According to NewJersey.com, “he appeared shocked when he was told the charge.”
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_heard-this-z100-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d5ce1d68-3eb7-42bb-aa7a-1650ca278247Post:24c09eb9-22c0-47b5-9a39-cfaceb80867b">Re: Heard this on z100 this morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Even if she wins, sounds like the dood had to spend at least a day in jail......messed up.</strong>
    Posted by USER876[/QUOTE]
    Complete BS... I hope he can file a countersuit or something just to get the woman back for being a tool.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, it shouldn't matter!

P.S. - I thought you were going to post about the phone tap they played this morning, where the girl is getting married and her bridesmaid told her she was getting her breast implants done two days before her wedding, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    That was a rerun....lol.  The phone taps are good but what I really wait for are the war of the roses after work!  Those are priceless.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_heard-this-z100-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:d5ce1d68-3eb7-42bb-aa7a-1650ca278247Post:8982b133-2551-4ef9-8a67-a6cc9ac01c35">Re: Heard this on z100 this morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Should it of mattered if he was gay or not? He asked her if she wanted this legitimate practice done and she agreed (this is assuming that he is properly certified). And it appears that he never said he was gay, so it's not like he intentionally misled her. <strong>And even if he was gay, he could've taken advantage of her if he really wanted to.</strong> I don't see why a professional straight man who's just doing his job is any different from a professional gay man doing his job ... why do we have straight male gynocologists in that case? So I say she will not win the lawsuit and she's wrong to file it in the first place.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!! That's some bull!!!

How did she even get as far as she got with the lawsuit? This makes no sense to me.
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was listening to this driving to work this morning... so ridiculous!  I truly hate people sometimes...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My Dad is the court officer for the HC jail... I have to ask him about this...She's the momo who agreed to have her parts rubbeed.  No?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards