New Jersey

HELP...second dress fitting coming up and need bridal shoes, bra, crinoline and veil..WHERE DO I GO?

Hi girls,

Hopefully you can help...I'm in a pinch...two weeks ago I went to my first dress fitting and had NONE of the above although the SHOES are major! I've been to Macy's, Nordstroms, Lord and Taylor's, DSW, MJM, etc. I'm short and wanted either a taller wedge or a platform but couldn't find anything. Everything in department stores was gold or silver...I'm looking for ivory! Where in Central NJ did you find your shoes or gosh even up north but preferably around me. I can't order online because I need them in a week and want to try them on. Any stores that have a large selection?

Also, will need a larger crinoline for my Casablanca A-line dress, WHERE in the heck do I buy that? I don't like the one my bridal store sells..it's huge!! Also, where did you get your veil?? I guess I can find a long line bra somewhere but some stores dont let you return them...gosh this is tough!!

All HELP kindly appreciated.

Danielle

Re: HELP...second dress fitting coming up and need bridal shoes, bra, crinoline and veil..WHERE DO I GO?

• I
    in Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_helpsecond-dress-fitting-coming-up-and-need-bridal-shoes-bra-crinoline-and-veilwhere-do-i-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:638c2ea4-8801-4439-b434-8bbc4ea1c863Post:845e1be8-d1ec-4b1b-b483-4a46fa18ff23">HELP...second dress fitting coming up and need bridal shoes, bra, crinoline and veil..WHERE DO I GO?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi girls, Hopefully you can help...I'm in a pinch...two weeks ago I went to my first dress fitting and had NONE of the above although the SHOES are major! I've been to Macy's, Nordstroms, Lord and Taylor's, DSW, MJM, etc. I'm short and wanted either a taller wedge or a platform but couldn't find anything. Everything in department stores was gold or silver...I'm looking for ivory! Where in Central NJ did you find your shoes or gosh even up north but preferably around me. I can't order online because I need them in a week and want to try them on. Any stores that have a large selection? Also, will need a larger crinoline for my Casablanca A-line dress, WHERE in the heck do I buy that? I don't like the one my bridal store sells..it's huge!! Also, where did you get your veil?? I guess I can find a long line bra somewhere but some stores dont let you return them...gosh this is tough!! All HELP kindly appreciated. Danielle
    Posted by danilynn72[/QUOTE]

Danielle,

I got my shoes at aldo in the garden state mall ... I was looking ALL OVER for shoes and had a really hard time finding them... They had plain Ivory heels when I went... I didnt see any wedges. Nordstroms in the garden state mall had beautiful ivory shoes... however they were $265.

I got my veil at Johns Bridal by suzane... its in Allentown PA and it was well worth the drive. My veil is absolutle beautiful. It has the most amazing detail with beads and lace, I have never seen such a veil.

As for the bra... macys?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do the shoes have to be ivory?  I kind of like the trend of wearing colored shoes - and I'm sure they're easier to find.  I'm going to wear blue shoes so they can be my something blue.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_helpsecond-dress-fitting-coming-up-and-need-bridal-shoes-bra-crinoline-and-veilwhere-do-i-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:638c2ea4-8801-4439-b434-8bbc4ea1c863Post:4498230d-5754-4888-ae09-48ae2c5c9294">Re: HELP...second dress fitting coming up and need bridal shoes, bra, crinoline and veil..WHERE DO I GO?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do the shoes have to be ivory?  I kind of like the trend of wearing colored shoes - and I'm sure they're easier to find.  I'm going to wear blue shoes so they can be my something blue.  
    Posted by njdoxie[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was going to go with ivory... i ended up with silver to give a bit of a pop. i wanted color or something other than ivory to stand out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my shoes at Davids Bridal, I was just browsing around and they had a pair I really loved so I snatched them up. They have their shoes in both white and ivory. I got my veil and crinoline where I got my dress, Hollywood Bridal. Maybe you can go around to other bridal shops and see if they have anything you like, you don't need to have gotten your dress at the store to buy a veil or other pieces. But, they might have to be ordered so just check with the salon before you waste your time looking.

I got my bra at Macy's. You can also try Fredricks of Hollywood.
  • Where in central nj are you?  I can recommend 2 places to look for the bra:

Lingerie by Susan in Edison

Bra Savvy in the Marketplace on rt 34 in Matwan.  I was able to take a corset home with me to try on and see if it worked with my dress and brought it back the next day.  
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • Even though you don't want to order online, when I order from Zappos I usually get the shoes in 2-3 days.  It may be worth a try and they have free return shipping. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_helpsecond-dress-fitting-coming-up-and-need-bridal-shoes-bra-crinoline-and-veilwhere-do-i-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:638c2ea4-8801-4439-b434-8bbc4ea1c863Post:2e4d3c8b-37be-4bad-bb6f-c9af07679210">Re: HELP...second dress fitting coming up and need bridal shoes, bra, crinoline and veil..WHERE DO I GO?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even though you don't want to order online, when I order from Zappos I usually get the shoes in 2-3 days.  It may be worth a try and they have free return shipping. 
    Posted by kozacs[/QUOTE]

<div>That's not a bad idea because you can order a few pairs to try on, pick one and send the others back.</div>
  • Also try 6pm.com. It's a sister site of zappos and they have a lot of discounted or discontinued shoes to choose from.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to HELP...second dress fitting coming up and need bridal shoes, bra, crinoline and veil..WHERE DO I GO?:Posted by danilynn72[/QUOTE]

I found good crinoline and my veil at Michael Wade Bridal in Garfield, NJ. I think the address is 352 Lanza Ave. I drove by recently and saw that they have a sale going on this weekend/month. Hope this helps!

• Wow...thanks guys...any crinoline or veil stores near Middletown/Freehold/Woodbridge area?
  • There is Sassy Chic in Red Bank. I haven't personally gone but was planning on it until I found mine.

• Someone told me NYC Shoes in Parsippany was amazing. Macy's has many undergarments. Demetrios in Macy's had a nice selection of affordable veils.
  • Thanks xoxo
  • NYC Shoes in Parsippany was amazing, but it closed about a year and a half ago.  DSW in Wayne has a small section of the store dedicated to formal shoes; I imagine that the one in Woodbridge would too.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards