New Jersey
Options

Il Villaggio

Ok, one more place.  Any feedback on Il Villagio?

Re: Il Villaggio

• Options
    DeirdreAnneDeirdreAnne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FILs love that place!  They just added the HUGE ballroom, too!  The food is really good IMO.  It's on a pretty busy road though, so out of town people may be confused... but there is Valet Parking so I don't think it'll be too bad!  Anyway, we like it there!  Good luck!
  • Options
    DiorAndKissesDiorAndKisses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a former Knottie's wedding at Villaggio a few months ago.  WOW, it was beautiful!  Everything was brand new...and from what she said they aren't cheap...but they're certainly not obscenely expensive, and they're willing to work with you.  Her CH was terrific, and I love the slightly elevated "stage" in the ballroom for the band or dj.  The food was very good, and my favorite part???  The HUGE bridal suite, all brand new, with a little balcony overlooking the ballroom.  I would have called there myself...but I have this weird thing that I didn't want to have my reception at the same place one of my best friends did.  I really loved the place, though.  She had shuttle service at the Hasbrouck Heights Hilton.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So far, I've gotten good feedback and it's only 20 minutes away from my ceremony which is in NYC.  I really like the decor, but I'm hoping it's not too expensive.  I just called them and scheduled some time to come and check out this place.  Wish me luck!Thanks ladies.  I really don't know what I would do without you guys.
  • Options
    DiorAndKissesDiorAndKisses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def name YOUR price rather than wait for them to give you theirs.  Then ask what they can do to change things in the package to accomodate your price.  I hear they're flexible.  Best of luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DiorandKisses, I wll definitely do that.  I'm so tired of looking for a venue.  I just want to book a place already. Thanks for your feedback!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I got married at IL Villaggio this past September and was extremely happy.  The service was great, the food was to die for and the hall is just beautiful.  The only issue we had was that the cocktail hour started 15 minutes later and there was a bit of a long period between the 3rd course and the main entree, but that was partially because we had 5 courses.  Overall I would highly reccommend the reception hall....the price varies I believe based on season and day.  I have a full review in my planning bio.
  • Options
    kellykeadykellykeady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiances cousin had their reception there last June and it was beautiful! The room was gorgeous and it had a sky ceiling. The food was excellent!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    deedee1017deedee1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding a couple of months ago and i'm getting married in october of this year. a lot of venues were giving us a "better" price because its short notice and they figure that not many people were going to book such a large party this late in the game. i called il villagio because i've heard wonderful things and it is gorgeous. their last minute price is $125 per person plus service and gratuity and tax. i didnt end up booking with them but it is very beautiful.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ChloeMarieChloeMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I looked at Il Villaggio and thought it was absolutely beautiful. However we didnt really like the fact that the ceremony would have to be in the same room as our reception, and that our cocktail hour would be split in two different areas.  The Venetian which was actually my first choice ended up coming in cheaper than Il Villaggio for the same day! If you can negotiate a price you are comfortable with though I say go for it. The reviews otherwise have been good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards