New Jersey

Places That Buy Books in New Jersey?

Hey Ladies! 

I posted a similar post on the Chit Chat board, and someone suggested selling to an actual bookstore instead of online.  Does anyone know of bookstores in NJ that I can sell used books/reading novels to?

Thanks!
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Places That Buy Books in New Jersey?

• I usually donate them to the Women's Club of Montclair, who then does an annual sale of all the donated books. Doesn't help you get profit, but helps the organization and gets the books out of my house.

Or, join BookMooch.com, where you list all of your books and others can request them. You then pay shipping to send them to that person, but can request books from other users as well. Not an option to make money, but if you enjoy reading, again, it gets the books out of your house and you can then get titles you want to read.

How much can one really get for used (paperback) books?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• You can also sell your books to Amazon for Amazon credit. We sold a bunch of our books from college and grad school and had enough to buy a new TV. You just enter the ISBN numbers and they tell you how much they will give you. Then they send you a shipping label and once you mail them the books, you have your credit within a week or two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_places-that-buy-books-in-new-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5142abbb-11bf-4157-8554-a2ad3cc9d658Post:e69186c4-1cb6-4d12-abd7-83ab91e62cf0">Re: Places That Buy Books in New Jersey?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I usually donate them to the Women's Club of Montclair, who then does an annual sale of all the donated books. Doesn't help you get profit, but helps the organization and gets the books out of my house. Or, join BookMooch.com, where you list all of your books and others can request them. You then pay shipping to send them to that person, but can request books from other users as well. Not an option to make money, but if you enjoy reading, again, it gets the books out of your house and you can then get titles you want to read. How much can one really get for used (paperback) books?
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

<div>I have over 100 books that I'm looking to get rid of, so I would prefer to make money on them if I could.</div>
    Anniversary

• Well, if you're interested, you could maybe sell some on here. If you're willing, send me a list :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_places-that-buy-books-in-new-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5142abbb-11bf-4157-8554-a2ad3cc9d658Post:04206d3b-f524-4dd3-bb28-3283f03267c7">Re: Places That Buy Books in New Jersey?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, if you're interested, you could maybe sell some on here. If you're willing, send me a list :)
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

<div>Are we even allowed to do that?  I know we have a wedding classifieds board but selling books?  LOL.</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_places-that-buy-books-in-new-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5142abbb-11bf-4157-8554-a2ad3cc9d658Post:f416775b-68f5-4aff-9706-3d70a33f30ea">Re: Places That Buy Books in New Jersey?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Places That Buy Books in New Jersey? : Are we even allowed to do that?  I know we have a wedding classifieds board but selling books?  LOL.
    Posted by 50ShadesofMe[/QUOTE]

Mods, step in and correct me if I'm wrong, but if private sales of wedding goods and if gift swaps on the different boards are okay, I can't see that selling a few books would be a problem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• I believe a used book store in Metuchen buys used books. It is on Main street. I'm pretty sure the name is OP Metuchen books. Also I would check Princeton, we have gone to used book stores there also.
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards