New Jersey

PSA: Attention Sea Bright Brides

I am a resident of Monmouth County, and although I still don't have power, I have seen some devastating images on FB and online of Sea Bright.  My aunt used to live in Sea Bright and she is extremely attached, so she constantly sends me updates.  Please understand that the town suffered major damage from the storm.  I don't know that status of every venue, but if you are or are planning on being a Windows on the Water, McCloone's Rum Runner or Water's Edge bride (am I missing any venues?) please be patient because every business is just now being allowed into Sea Bright to assess their damage.  If you have a cell phone or email for your wedding coordinator, try and contact them that way. Most venues don't have power or phone service right now so you won't be able to contact the venues themselves.  I wish every bride who was planning their dream beach wedding will still be able to do so, even if it will be at another venue.  I'm sure many venues in the area will be very sympathetic to what you are going through and can help accomodate you as best as possible.  Good luck and feel free to vent here!  
Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com

Re: PSA: Attention Sea Bright Brides

• Quick update- I heard that Windows on the Water is fine and had minimal damage.  
  • edited November 2012
    I'm supposed to get married at Water's Edge next June, so I've been following them on Facebook. Christina is fantastic and is giving updates there whenever she can. Any other Water's Edge brides - definitely check out their facebook page for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Merri-Makers-at-Waters-Edge/105302182858298
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much for your post about Windows on the Water.  We had heard through facebook that the building was intact, however, have not heard much else.  We are being very patient and understanding though - this has been a very emotionally low time for residents and business owners.  Our rehearsal dinner was to be at McCloone's Rum Runner as well.
    If you hear anything else on these two venues it would be great to know.
    Thank you so much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_psa-attention-sea-bright-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c156eb31-642a-46cc-a75d-bb44c2d58e59Post:f567176f-b4f7-4062-a534-4fe986463033">Re: PSA: Attention Sea Bright Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you so much for your post about Windows on the Water.  We had heard through facebook that the building was intact, however, have not heard much else.  We are being very patient and understanding though - this has been a very emotionally low time for residents and business owners.  <strong>Our rehearsal dinner was to be at McCloone's Rum Runner as well. </strong>If you hear anything else on these two venues it would be great to know. Thank you so much.
    Posted by sarahcozo[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry to tell you, but the McLoone's put a post on FB that the Rum Runner suffered a lot of damage from the storm.  It sounds like it will have to be rebuilt.  I'm not sure when your wedding is planned for and if any deposits have been put down, but give them a call or send an email to find out what the status is.  I think they were just able to see the venue for the first time over the weekend to fully assess the damage.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_psa-attention-sea-bright-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c156eb31-642a-46cc-a75d-bb44c2d58e59Post:e5e72738-571b-4c6b-9730-95ffe119c6dd">Re: PSA: Attention Sea Bright Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm supposed to get married at Water's Edge next June, so I've been following them on Facebook. Christina is fantastic and is giving updates there whenever she can. Any other Water's Edge brides - definitely check out their facebook page for more info.   <a href="https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Merri-Makers-at-Waters-Edge/105302182858298" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Merri-Makers-at-Waters-Edge/105302182858298</a>
    Posted by allyoop242[/QUOTE]

<div>I was just down in the area to finalize details for my wedding down the shore.  I am so sorry to say that my photographer let me know that Water's Edge sustained major damage and will not be rebuilding.  Windows on the Water was the only venue in Sea Bright to survive.  I would definitely start trying to get a more concrete answer from them.  Perhaps they would be able to move it to one of the other Merri Makers venues.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A former neighbor of my aunt's who still lives in Sea Bright sent this pic of the Water's Edge beach club a day or 2 after the storm.  Only the venues themselves will be able to give you info on what their plans are for rebuilding.  Hopefully they can help you keep your planning on track.  Good luck to all- this is not an easy situation for anyone!

• Yes windows on the water survived because they built all their buildings to Florida state code when they renovated in 2011 . Hopefully everyone who decides to rebuild does that . It's so sad and I'm so sorry for everyone that lost their property belongings or life . We were only without power for 8 days in Hoboken but my friends that live on the other side not by the water lost so many things : I'm getting married at windows and I could not believe they were still standing after the entire town was pretty much destroyed . So crazy .. I hope all the brides whose venues were destroyed find another place they love !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards