New Jersey

Set the date and got the church

Today I booked the church for my wedding. The secretary for the church said she only had one other wedding for 2015 booked but it was for July. I'm happy I got my date. She then asked me the time either 1:30 or 3pm. I automatically said 3pm because I am having an evening reception, probably starting around 5 or 6 ( I haven't picked a venue yet). Is having the ceremony start at 3 common?

I'm the first in my friends and family to get married "traditionally" since the '80s" so I'm a little lost on this. 

Thanks

Re: Set the date and got the church

• What day of the week?
    My ceremony is 3:30 & cocktail hour starts at 7.  
    Don't forget, you may want a receiving line, you also need to include time for pictures and transportation to the reception hall.  
    3 o'clock should be fine if you plan on doing a 5 or 6 CH
    Good luck and have fun planning!
  • It's on a Satuday March 28th to be exact.
  • When planning your reception, keep in mind it is rude to leave a gap for the guests. At the end of the ceremony they should go to the venue for cocktail hour and then the reception.  For the comfort of your guests, don't leave extra time in between.....they'll be all dressed up bored out of their minds.  
  • We are allowing an hour for traffic (because of how Jersey traffic is) So I figure starting cocktail hour at 530 would be right on time. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_set-the-date-and-got-the-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0b262eb8-158c-4ae8-bc51-7481389fc645Post:94dc84f1-e99d-4f7a-b55d-ee58e01baf6c">Re: Set the date and got the church</a>:
    [QUOTE]When planning your reception, keep in mind it is rude to leave a gap for the guests. At the end of the ceremony they should go to the venue for cocktail hour and then the reception.  For the comfort of your guests, don't leave extra time in between.....they'll be all dressed up bored out of their minds.  
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think with a 3 pm start time - figure it goes until 4. Receiving line until 4:30 ish, then time to travel...should work.</div><div>
    </div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Are you planning to have a full mass? Recieving Line? Photos between ceremony and cocktail hour? Are you planning on participating in the main cocktail hour or having a separate one for you and your bridal party?

Sorry for the host of questions. Those are just all factors.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_set-the-date-and-got-the-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0b262eb8-158c-4ae8-bc51-7481389fc645Post:69416567-b475-44e9-bdf8-7bfbcb72dd59">Re: Set the date and got the church</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you planning to have a full mass? Recieving Line? Photos between ceremony and cocktail hour? Are you planning on participating in the main cocktail hour or having a separate one for you and your bridal party? Sorry for the host of questions. Those are just all factors.
    Posted by FutureMrsR5711[/QUOTE]

<div>These are definite factors to consider.</div><div>
    </div><div>Speak with your photographer, they may be able to help you out.  My photographer wanted time for pics at the church (after the receiving line).  He also wants pics of us at the venue before cocktail hour.  He wants to be the first one in to cocktail hour to take pictures.  You may also feel a bit more relieved if you are able to view your cocktail hour.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_set-the-date-and-got-the-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0b262eb8-158c-4ae8-bc51-7481389fc645Post:69416567-b475-44e9-bdf8-7bfbcb72dd59">Re: Set the date and got the church</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you planning to have a full mass? Recieving Line? Photos between ceremony and cocktail hour? Are you planning on participating in the main cocktail hour or having a separate one for you and your bridal party? Sorry for the host of questions. Those are just all factors.
    Posted by FutureMrsR5711[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not having a full mass but I am having a recieving line (planning too). I may have a few photos between the ceremony and cocktail hour. I plan on havng a seperate one for my bridal party and myself.</div><div>
    </div><div>It's okay. The questions actually make me feel better :-/</div><div>
    </div><div>I am going to talk to a photographer or a wedding planner to figure out how the timing should go. i haven't booked a venue yet so I can always play with start times.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards