New Jersey

XP Thoughts on this Florist Estimate

Just got a revised estimate from the florist - we wanted to stay around $2,000 and she made that happen. I would love to hear your thoughts...is too much going toward the bouquets and not enough for the centerpieces? Should I shift some of the dollars around? Thanks!

Bridal Bouquet-Pink dahlias, lavender caspia, butter stock, pink garden roses, white freesia, peach hypericum, pink veronica, cream lisianthus, farm foliage. Natural-free flowing style. Wrapped champagne ribbon. $160.00

Maid of Honor-white dahlias, pink lisianthus, butter stock, pink veronica, peach hypericum, blue delphinium, mini-green hydrangea, lady's mantle. $85.00. Wrapped Navy sheer ribbon.

Bridesmaids (5)-Same as MOH $85.00 each

Boutonnieres-Groom-white freesia/peach berries, lady' mantle. Best man, (3) groomsmen, (2) fathers -blue delph, peach berries, lady's mantle. Grandfathers (2)-white freesia, blue delph, ivy. $11.00 each

Mini gatherings-Mothers(2) $20.00 each. Others-(5) pin-on corsages $27.50 each

Iron Ivy stands (2) with theme mix flora on top for back of aisle at entry. Rental of stand $10.00 each. Flowers-$75.00 each

Cake flowers-theme mix $50.00

Toss Bouquet-No charge

Centerpieces-(15) low dish with mix of flora-3 White hydrangea, 3 pink dahlias, 3 blue delphinium, 3 peach berries, light yellow alstromeria, farm foliage to fill, soften.$50.00 each

Delivery/set up/pick up of rental items- $100.00

Sub total- $1,917.50

Sales Tax- $134.22

TOTAL- $2051.72

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP Thoughts on this Florist Estimate

• I think the prices are pretty good for each and are close to what I will be paying. 

The pin on coursages seem high though - not by much, but still high. We were quoted around $17 for coursages. $12.50 x 5 is $62.50, so this is not a place where it really matters, but it just seems high IMO.

I would not try to make the bouquets less expensive - you will always look at wedding photos where you are holding your bouquet.  If you make them smaller, it will show in the pictures. The centerpieces are something that most people won't notice or care about. I think the budget is allocated well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• That sounds like a great price for what you're getting. My bouquet, and the bridesmaids' bouquet were slightly less, but not much. Our boutonnières were also slightly less, but nothing significant. My centerpieces cost a bit more money than yours. So all things considered, your quote sounds great to me. The arrangements of flowers are very pretty. If you're happy with her and what you've picked out for your budget, I'd stay with what you have. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with PPs... the BM bouquets sound high as does the pin-on corsages.  But not by much.  Just make sure they aren't overwhelming (ie. if you have a bunch of petite bridesmaids you don't want them holding crazy-big bouquets.) 

Have you seen a mock-up of the centerpieces?  That's when you'll know if you want to add or take away stems, which will adjust the price.  Remember, it will be in the center of a fairly large table and compete with all the placesettings and glassware.  If it seems small, you could always add votives or a colorful runner. 

It sounds gorgeous!!!  And BTW - I loved your photographer from your post yesterday!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_xp-thoughts-on-this-florist-estimate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:8c55009a-607d-4fa7-9140-db7e1a845407Post:b37f8b4e-57e8-4f3e-b8c5-cf182795758d">Re: XP Thoughts on this Florist Estimate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PPs... the BM bouquets sound high as does the pin-on corsages.  But not by much.  Just make sure they aren't overwhelming (ie. if you have a bunch of petite bridesmaids you don't want them holding crazy-big bouquets.)  Have you seen a mock-up of the centerpieces?  That's when you'll know if you want to add or take away stems, which will adjust the price.  Remember, it will be in the center of a fairly large table and compete with all the placesettings and glassware.  If it seems small, you could always add votives or a colorful runner.  It sounds gorgeous!!!  And BTW - I loved your photographer from your post yesterday!
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

<div>Great suggestions, as always. And thank you re: the photographer - we got some beautiful engagement pictures from her. I would love to see more of your photos. They are beautiful!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like a great deal! I'm getting my bouquet handmade fom silk and my bridesmaids are carrying clutches. My centerpices are going to be all candles at different heights, with flower petals surrounding them. So we're saving money to be allocated elsewhere. 
  • Im looking for a florist, do u mind if i ask u who are u talking about. I think the prices are reasonable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards