North Carolina

a Monday poll

- Would you rather spend a Saturday stripping wallpaper, or painting a room?
- Would you rather go to Harvard or Yale?
- Coke or Pepsi? Diet is not an option.
- You're at a Chinese restaurant and you order the combo #12.  What do you expect to get?
- Is Google + going to be successful?
- Do you pay your bills by paper check or online?
- Do you prefer gummy bears or sour gummy worms?
- Mac or PC? (I think I've asked this one before)
- Do you think the kind of fireworks that shoot up in the air should be legal in NC? Why/why not?
- How much water do you, on average, drink in a day?

Re: a Monday poll

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    - Would you rather spend a Saturday stripping wallpaper, or painting a room? Painting. Hand's down. Stripping wallpaper is a pain in the ass

- Would you rather go to Harvard or Yale? We'll go with Harvard. It sounds nice.

- Coke or Pepsi? Diet is not an option. Coke

- You're at a Chinese restaurant and you order the combo #12.  What do you expect to get? Probably Lo Mein or something. .  Ideally it'd be sesame chicken though :)

- Is Google + going to be successful? To be honest, I have it, and still don't fully understand it. It's supposed to be like twitter or something right?

- Do you pay your bills by paper check or online? Both. We have to mail in a check for our water bill. It's stupid. I think they're going to start allowing us to do online bill pay soon though. That would be great.

- Do you prefer gummy bears or sour gummy worms? Gummy worms. I'm not really all for sour things.

- Mac or PC? (I think I've asked this one before). I'll go with PC because that's what I've used. I'm too poor for MAC

- Do you think the kind of fireworks that shoot up in the air should be legal in NC? Why/why not? I dont know. I kind of understand why they are though. They can potentially cause more harm than the wimpy ground ones. We still shoot them off though. It's not like there are any houses we can hit or something. . . don't tip me off though!

- How much water do you, on average, drink in a day? I've got one of those camelbak water bottles. I drink about 3 of those a day, if not more. On day's that I'm at the barn, I probably drink 4-5 a day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - Would you rather spend a Saturday stripping wallpaper, or painting a room? I would do almost anything to not strip wallpaper.
    - Would you rather go to Harvard or Yale? Yale.
    - Coke or Pepsi? Diet is not an option. Coke, always.
    - You're at a Chinese restaurant and you order the combo #12.  What do you expect to get? Fried rice, egg roll and some kind of saucy meat.  Hopefully Moo Goo Gai Pan, although almost anything that isn't spicy will do.
    - Is Google + going to be successful? I really hope so.
    - Do you pay your bills by paper check or online? Through my bank's billpay, so some are sent by check and some transferred online but I don't write or mail any checks. (yay credit union)
    - Do you prefer gummy bears or sour gummy worms? Sour worms.
    - Mac or PC? (I think I've asked this one before) I'm a PC at work and a Mac at home, it's like being bilingual
    - Do you think the kind of fireworks that shoot up in the air should be legal in NC? Why/why not? Nope, they're dangerous.  Anything more explosive than a sparkler makes me nervous. 
    - How much water do you, on average, drink in a day? 3 liters, or something like that.  I empty a Nalgene bottle at least 3 times a day of just water, not counting other liquids.  My friend's bf only drinks like 4 oz of water a day, if that.  It amazes me. 
  • jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - Would you rather spend a Saturday stripping wallpaper, or painting a room? Definitely painting a room!
    - Would you rather go to Harvard or Yale? Meh, Yale? I guess? No real preference. 
    - Coke or Pepsi? Diet is not an option. Definitely Coke
    - You're at a Chinese restaurant and you order the combo #12.  What do you expect to get? Hopefully some sort of chicken/fried rice combo :)
    - Is Google + going to be successful? No clue, I don't even really know what it is.
    - Do you pay your bills by paper check or online? Mostly online
    - Do you prefer gummy bears or sour gummy worms? BOTH!
    - Mac or PC? (I think I've asked this one before) Definitely Mac, for sure.
    - Do you think the kind of fireworks that shoot up in the air should be legal in NC? Why/why not? You know, this is tricky. I like watching the fireworks that shoot up in the air, but I don't think they should be legal because people are already dumb enough with the ones that just stay on the ground! Then again, the crazies are going to do it anyways, so I don't know that it really matters. (Whew, long answer! Not sure what got into me!)
    Probably not as much as I should but typically anywhere from 3-5 glasses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_monday-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1ab2d2a7-f8e4-41e7-8935-1fa5c8009f78Post:9742d0cd-57ef-4d79-9b22-37bda87d5779">Re: a Monday poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend's bf only drinks like 4 oz of water a day, if that.  It amazes me. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

For real? that's like a sip for me. . . 
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends...was the wallpaper applied properly, making it easy to rip off? There's nothing worse than hard to get off wallpaper. If it was paint for a house I'd be living in for a while, I wouldn't mind it.

Yale

Coke. Diet is gross and terrible for you.

- You're at a Chinese restaurant and you order the combo #12.  What do 
    you expect to get?   
    I'm not a fan of Chinese takout...too much MSG, but probably shrimp fried rice or some veggie combo.

I think so. I really how you can be selective and put people in an acquiantance category so you can control who's informaiton you see. And it's google...google is awesome.

Online. So much easier.

Gummy bears...but only if they're Gold Haribo

- Mac or PC? (I think I've asked this one before)
    Mac 1000000000% 

- Do you think the kind of fireworks that shoot up in the air should be legal in NC? Why/why not?
    I think it's fine. As long as you're being safe with them. And they're more fun.

A lot...like 10 glasses at least.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_monday-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1ab2d2a7-f8e4-41e7-8935-1fa5c8009f78Post:c64cc5f4-b377-47de-9c59-d7357d59d706">Re: a Monday poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a Monday poll : For real? that's like a sip for me. . . 
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

His argument is "I drink a lot of tea!"
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_monday-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1ab2d2a7-f8e4-41e7-8935-1fa5c8009f78Post:b132225d-7c0a-43f3-be14-153a344cb684">Re: a Monday poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a Monday poll : His argument is "I drink a lot of tea!"

Ah, yeah I guess I could see that justification. I hate tea though. Bleh!
    I'm still thinking water is much better to drink than drinking tea all day. I could be wrong though. It happens pretty often. :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_monday-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1ab2d2a7-f8e4-41e7-8935-1fa5c8009f78Post:6fce0a58-74a0-4b80-992b-b2c7cc56a7f4">Re: a Monday poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a Monday poll : Ah, yeah I guess I could see that justification.<strong> I hate tea though. Bleh!</strong> I'm still thinking water is much better to drink than drinking tea all day. I could be wrong though. It happens pretty often. :)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

You're weird.
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I know. I also hate peanuts and peanut butter. Im the only one in my family (this includes my ILs) that dislikes tea and nuts.
  • edited December 2011
    - Would you rather spend a Saturday stripping wallpaper, or painting a room? painting
    - Would you rather go to Harvard or Yale? idk much about either
    - Coke or Pepsi? Diet is not an option. either
    - You're at a Chinese restaurant and you order the combo #12.  What do you expect to get? i don't like chinese
    - Is Google + going to be successful? i think so. a lot of people on FB already have it
    - Do you pay your bills by paper check or online? online
    - Do you prefer gummy bears or sour gummy worms? gummy bears. i dont like sour
    - Mac or PC? (I think I've asked this one before) mac 
    - Do you think the kind of fireworks that shoot up in the air should be legal in NC? Why/why not? it doesnt really matter to me
    if im at work, a few bottles.
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    paint
    Harvard
    Coke
    - You're at a Chinese restaurant and you order the combo #12.  What do you expect to get?
    Chow Mein
    Yes
    gummy bears
    - Mac or PC? (I think I've asked this one before)
    PC
    Yes. Watching your uncle burn from setting off fireworks changes your perception of how safe they really are.
    64 oz. I fill a 32oz bottle twice.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_monday-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1ab2d2a7-f8e4-41e7-8935-1fa5c8009f78Post:6ae9cbcb-ac3c-490a-8a7a-9ac09d0419a4">Re: a Monday poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you think the kind of fireworks that shoot up in the air should be legal in NC? Why/why not? Yes. Watching your uncle burn from setting off fireworks changes your perception of how safe they really are.
    Posted by uneek1323[/QUOTE]

Really?  You still think they should be legal?  I'm curious now. 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_monday-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:1ab2d2a7-f8e4-41e7-8935-1fa5c8009f78Post:2b3da8cd-d8b5-4e7b-852e-1795d808f48d">Re: a Monday poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a Monday poll : Really?  You still think they should be legal?  I'm curious now. 

I'm thinking she misread 'legal' as 'illegal' ;)
    If that's not the case, I'm curious too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards