Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

PHILLY BRIDES HELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

I've booked my 5/18/13 wedding at the Phila Airport Marriott--SUPER excited about that. but, one issue--we dont know what to do about photos...do we rent a limo JUST to go to a park for photos (my planner's suggestion--but I am not a fan of the outdoors), do we ask for a suite on the top floor and pose in front of a window overlooking the city? WHAT DO I DO???????

Re: PHILLY BRIDES HELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

• If you don't like outdoors your hotel idea may work. Ask your wedding planner for more suggestions since you don't want outdoor pics?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can always take a short trip to center city  and hit the city's symbols, Love Park statue, Art Museum steps etc. I've see wedding pics of folks on south Broad street with City hall in the background. These pics always come great.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Since you're so close to the airport, could you take some in one of the terminals, windows in front of the planes, or something—you could get some really fun, creative shots....also, you wouldn't have to rent a limo...I think the Marriott is connected to the airport...or at the very least, they have a shuttle.

Now that I think about it, it'd be fun to run around the airport in a weding dress....imagine the looks you'll get from people!  
    Engaged on August 13, 2011. Getting married on June 30, 2012 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA
  • edited April 2012
    Okay, I like that idea--its different. That's similar to the event manager's idea--I liked it, but my FI and mommy are more traditional, so they couldnt see the vision...I may have to talk to my photographer and see what ideas he has..My whole reason for having the ceremony and reception in one place was to avoid the whole limo thing...In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_philly-brides-hellllllllpppppp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6673de45-cd3e-4af2-987b-de6dad34da68Post:5babb441-6bf0-4952-ab06-ee99bc3cb84f">Re: PHILLY BRIDES HELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since you're so close to the airport, could you take some in one of the terminals, windows in front of the planes, or something—you could get some really fun, creative shots....also, you wouldn't have to rent a limo...I think the Marriott is connected to the airport...or at the very least, they have a shuttle. Now that I think about it, it'd be fun to run around the airport in a weding dress....imagine the looks you'll get from people!  
    Posted by MK&T[/QUOTE]
  • That's what my FI wants to do--he suggested FDR park--they have a pretty nice photo area--but our wedding party has 17ppl + us, so we may have to rent a car/limo to do that.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_philly-brides-hellllllllpppppp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6673de45-cd3e-4af2-987b-de6dad34da68Post:4aa0f3f2-cf7e-4d0b-a520-b6d126505227">Re: PHILLY BRIDES HELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can always take a short trip to center city  and hit the city's symbols, Love Park statue, Art Museum steps etc. I've see wedding pics of folks on south Broad street with City hall in the background. These pics always come great.  
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]
  • maybe rent a nice backdrop and do them right at the hotel? Your photographer might even have something (like twinkly lights!) I wouldn't want to deal/worry about transportation either.
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    If you don't have the budget for the limo, get a shuttle. We are renting a 24 person shuttle to take guests between our hotel and reception. Go scope out the hotel and see where u could take pics on location. Any nice garden spots right outside the hotel? The suite idea is nice, but you want some spots where everyone will fit and you can get some cool shots. Do they have a pool area? Nice lobbyyou all can stagger on the stairs or lounge chairs? Sorry I am not familiar with the hotel. Also, not sure you will Be able to run around the airport without purchasing tickets. With the strict security these days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    There's a cool park over by the Swedish History Museum that has a great area that would be good for pics for a large wedding party--worth a look. Not sure if it's FDR park or not. The museum has a cool staircase inside and they might be nice about letting you use it. Ck w/some of the local colleges, most of the older local ones have some really nice older buildings w/great photo ops. Thinking Penn, Villanova, Bryn Mawr etc. not sure if that's farther away than you want to go, Drexel might too and St. Joes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards