South Carolina-Charleston

Destination Wedding Advice?

Hi Ladies,

My fiance and I are from Boston and would love to have a destination wedding in Charleston. We have only discovered Magnolia Plantation so far, does anyone have any good insight on this venue? Are there other venues we should be checking out? We are planning to get down there at the end of May to start looking. 

Our dates are flexible for 2014, we are still trying to figure out the budget, so any advice as to price ranges for a 130 person wedding at a place such as Magnolia would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much and congrats to all of you!
Hillary

Re: Destination Wedding Advice?

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    Magnolia is great but all you need to do is google "wedding venues in Charleston SC" and you will be bombarded with tons of other places.  Charleston is second only to Vegas in the wedding industry.  And as far as your budget, that depends on multiple factors.  You could have a $10k wedding at Magnolia or a $100k wedding, just depends on what you want.
  • My husband and I had our destination wedding in Charleston in 2011. There are a million places to do it so the first thing you should consider is what kind of a wedding you want to have. I've heard great things about Magnolia Plantation and even better things about Boone Hall Plantation. Personally we wanted something water front so we had our reception on Seabrook Island, at the Seabrook Island Club. Our rehearsal dinner was at the Charleston Yacht Club and it was beautiful there as well. I've also been to several weddings at the Creek Club at I'on and they were very pretty as well. On your trip down I would schedule to see a few and get a feel for what you want. Good luck and if you need any more help ie photographer, florist etc. feel free to email me @ Court579atusc@aol.com
  • Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate your advice, we are going down in a few weeks to look at Magnolia and Boone. We will definitely look at some other places too!  Thank you!!!

In Response to Re: Destination Wedding Advice?:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I had our destination wedding in Charleston in 2011. There are a million places to do it so the first thing you should consider is what kind of a wedding you want to have. I've heard great things about Magnolia Plantation and even better things about Boone Hall Plantation. Personally we wanted something water front so we had our reception on Seabrook Island, at the Seabrook Island Club. Our rehearsal dinner was at the Charleston Yacht Club and it was beautiful there as well. I've also been to several weddings at the Creek Club at I'on and they were very pretty as well. On your trip down I would schedule to see a few and get a feel for what you want. Good luck and if you need any more help ie photographer, florist etc. feel free to email me @ Court579atusc@aol.com
    Posted by Court579atusc[/QUOTE]
  • Thank you for the input!! There seems to be a tons of weding venues!

In Response to Re: Destination Wedding Advice?:
    [QUOTE]Magnolia is great but all you need to do is google "wedding venues in Charleston SC" and you will be bombarded with tons of other places.  Charleston is second only to Vegas in the wedding industry.  And as far as your budget, that depends on multiple factors.  You could have a $10k wedding at Magnolia or a $100k wedding, just depends on what you want.
    Posted by katiewest[/QUOTE]
  • I also suggest using a website call The Wedding Row.  

They list only the very top vendors in Charleston and hand pick them all.  

I just used two of their vendors and would have used two more but those other two were booked... 

Advice =  Book early!!!!
  • ScMOBScMOB member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker

PM'd you back!!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards