Texas-Austin

Informal Florist Survey

Good morning!
I'm starting to develop my list of florists to interview and so wanted to ask you Austin ladies: who was your florist? But more importantly, WHAT did you like (or not like) about them?

This is definitely one of the areas where I feel out of my element, so any input and feedback is MUY appreciated!
Hugs
Alex

Re: Informal Florist Survey

• edited December 2011
    We ended up using Donna Foster at Central Market (North).  We were considering DIYing the flowers, but after meeting with Donna, she was able to come close to what DIYing was going to cost & they even delivered the florals.  We used her for all attendant flowers, centerpieces, and two outdoor arrangements.  All of the flowers were beautiful and lasted forever!  I would definitely add her to your list.

The one downside to Donna is that she doesn't do email.  That was a pain, but if you call and leave her a message, she usually returns your call within the next few days.  Other than that, she is great.

Also, if you look under the introduce yourself sticky at the top of the board, you'll be able to see who several of the ladies used/plan to use as the florist and several other vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using The Last Petal - Melanie Tipton.  She has been amazing to work with!  We have had to make several changes to our original order and she has been great about it.  I like the vision she has for flowers, which is what caught my eye with her work on her website.  I instantly felt like she would understand what we wanted and make our visions come to life.  HTH
  • a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_informal-florist-survey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:45012066-4f32-4f5b-a54b-d075387da588Post:abd72890-5f7f-4ff7-af92-a0b17c8d2676">Re: Informal Florist Survey</a>:
    [QUOTE]We ended up using Donna Foster at Central Market (North).  We were considering DIYing the flowers, but after meeting with Donna, she was able to come close to what DIYing was going to cost & they even delivered the florals.  We used her for all attendant flowers, centerpieces, and two outdoor arrangements.  All of the flowers were beautiful and lasted forever!  I would definitely add her to your list. The one downside to Donna is that she doesn't do email.  That was a pain, but if you call and leave her a message, she usually returns your call within the next few days.  Other than that, she is great.
    Posted by Future Ramsey[/QUOTE]

Ditto, ditto, ditto... we couldn't have been happier!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am not getting married until NYE this year, but after reading all of the great reviews about her, we decided to go with Donna at Central Market.  She has been GREAT to work with.  The no email thing is a little annoying, but she is really good about getting back to you quickly if you leave her a message.  Her pricing was truly amazing.  Flowers are a big thing for me and we are getting two to three times the amount we could have gotten at other places I met with.  I brought her a lot of pictures and she said that they can do whatever we wanted.  I would recommend bringing inspiration pictures if you have something specific in mind. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in less than a month and we're using Cheri from the Gala Gal. I LOVE HER!! Seriously, I cannot say one negative thing about her. She has been more than helpful with EVERYTHING. My mom and I have had four meetings with her and countless emails throughout the past six months. We have not placed our final order with her since we're still waiting to hear back on our final guest count; however it should be somewhere around $1300 for a 160ish people wedding.

Two weeks ago I took my bridals and didn't have time to pick up my bouquet without being rushed so without hesitation Cheri drove my bouquet to my makeup artist's salon. 

Let me know if you need her information :)
  • AlexhobbsAlexhobbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Kayla!
    Even though I interviewed a floral vendor recently that I think may be "The One," I would love to have Gala Gal's information, Kayla, thank you! Her website doesnt seem to be working today..
    Thanks!
    Alex
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Donna Foster with Central Market Floral Dept. too.  Her flowers were gorgeous and long lasting.  Her prices were extremely reasonable -- I saved $600 - 900 from the quotes I obtained from other florists.

She returned my calls promptly, so her not doing email was of no consequence.
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Rebekah with the Glass Fountain and there wasn't one thing I didn't like about her and the job she did.  She went above and beyone and was easy to work with.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards