Texas-Austin

Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Timeline

Hello!  I am having a wedding ceremony and reception at the LBJ Wildflower Center.  Can anyone share their rough timeline for their event and where everything was located?  i.e. ceremony in the courtyard, move to a cocktail hour in the back garden area, then move back to the courtyard for the reception?   And where was the buffet set up (if you had one)?

We were originally thinking we'd provide appetizers during the cocktail hour - but is it silly to have hor d'ourves then a full meal immediately aftwerwards?   Are appetizers before the ceremony a better idea - or even necessary?

Re: Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Timeline

• I can't help too much with the layout part of your question.  I'm sure if you ask your venue, they can provide some sort of guideline.

As for the appetizers, I don't think they are necessary, but it is a nice addition.  I don't think I would do it before the ceremony though.  It will take a little time between the cocktail hour and the reception for people to actually start eating.  People will need to find their seat, set down their things, you'll be introduced, maybe do your first dance.  I wouldn't do heavy apps either.  Just a couple different choices and/or a fruit and cheese display.  Something for people to munch on while chatting and drinking their first drink of the night.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • edited May 2012
    <div>Hi!  I am having a reception at the LBJ Wildflower Center as well (but we are having our ceremony at a church).  I have been told that many people do their cocktail hour in the back garden area.  I think it's a good idea to have hor d'ourves with cocktail hour since it might take a while for them to set up the tables for the reception (if you are planning on having both the ceremony and reception in the courtyard).  Seems like a good number of people decide to  have their ceremony inside and reception outside.  Hope that helps!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_lady-bird-johnson-wildflower-center-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:f6cbb65d-49ab-495a-add1-6468c545dae6Post:be4fd124-2b2a-4224-8bba-fa3a641c1bc0">Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  I am having a wedding ceremony and reception at the LBJ Wildflower Center.  Can anyone share their rough timeline for their event and where everything was located?  i.e. ceremony in the courtyard, move to a cocktail hour in the back garden area, then move back to the courtyard for the reception?   And where was the buffet set up (if you had one)? We were originally thinking we'd provide appetizers during the cocktail hour - but is it silly to have hor d'ourves then a full meal immediately aftwerwards?   Are appetizers before the ceremony a better idea - or even necessary?
    Posted by robinpluskim[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards