Virginia

ENGAGEMENT PHOTO HELP!

Does anyone have any ideas of some good outdoor spaces in Norfolk or Virginia Beach other than the beach for my fiance and I to take our engagement photos? We like spaces that are unique and have interesting and somewhat rustic scenary.. if anyone knows of any places or have any suggestions please help me... Thanks so much!

Re: ENGAGEMENT PHOTO HELP!

• edited December 2011
    there are a couple of farms on princess anne rd that i've used for shoots in the past which worked very well.  if you want to pm me and give me more info (what do you see as "rustic", etc), i'd be happy to offer my suggestions. or email me...robbie_hickman@email.com . depending on how far out you would want to go (suffolk? chesapeake?), i can recommend several places.
    g'luck! look forward to hearing from you.
  • edited December 2011
    Oak Grove Park in Chesapeake
    Outside of the Contemporary Art Center in Va Beach
    First Landing State Park in Va Beach
    Northwest River Park in Chesapeake
    Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk
    Along the waterfront at Waterside/Town Pointe Park in Norfolk
    Fred Heutte Center in Norfolk
    Hermitage Gardens in Norfolk
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so  much. some of those i have looked into but other idk what they look like so i will go see them. thanks again!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_engagement-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:e296b760-9eff-4430-9b40-af8c477e3a7dPost:cc3b279b-cc61-400a-802e-5cc4ab64115a">Re: ENGAGEMENT PHOTO HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oak Grove Park in Chesapeake Outside of the Contemporary Art Center in Va Beach First Landing State Park in Va Beach Northwest River Park in Chesapeake Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk Along the waterfront at Waterside/Town Pointe Park in Norfolk Fred Heutte Center in Norfolk Hermitage Gardens in Norfolk
    Posted by sunflower1998[/QUOTE]
    We took ours at Waterside/Town Pointe Park. There are some pictures in my bio.  We loved that there were so many backgrounds in one small location. We used steps down by the water, the dock, the Pagoda, the bridge walkway at Nauticus, the garden by the Pagoda, and the little park. Our photographer was great at finding little nooks and our pictures are so unique because of it. I loved this location!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried to look at your bio for the pics and i couldnt find them. can u attach a link to this so I can see what the area looked like please?
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Churchpoint Manor in Virginia beach, this photographer has a lot of pics of this location on her website www.wix.com/useventphotos/MAIN
  • nccatimnccatim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this may sound odd, but right now the norfolk cityline looks beautiful at night from all the christmas lights. if you go to the marriot parking garage to the top floor it's a BEAUTIFUL view, the photog may need a step stool and it's at night but it is different and gives  a city feel. i went up there and i want to get photos done there.

there is also the college place area in norfolk where there are cobblestone streets and near pagoda where there are basically steps to the pier.

all very beautiful places! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards