Washington-Seattle
Options

floral monograms/initials DIY

I know that I could go to the DIY board but I like you girls.

I'm not going to start on it yet but I want to DIY floral initials and was wondering if anyone here has ever done them or were thinking of doing them?

If so..
can I see pics?
did you/ would you use wooden letters or cutout letters from styrafoam?

TIA

Re: floral monograms/initials DIY

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing some monogram initials but i'm still not sure what I'm going to do. Can you show me a pic of what you were think you'd do?

I bought cardboard letters from Joanns, PIB if you'd like to see them.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm fairly crafty, but I don't think I know what you mean by "floral initials"...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made mine out of paper mache letters from joanns. I then covered them in moss. I havent taken a pic yet (camera is on the fritz) but here is a pic of the inspiration. I did a small a &t and a bigger p

I am not sure who pic this is so please let me know if its yours :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    really cute idea alyssa. i wanna see your pics! take them soon. :0) pretty please?

i always feel better when i know some one that is real actually made something. then i have more faith. haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhhhhh, those floral monogram/initial things!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I found this on google. Something like this is what I'm thinking. But I'm not sure what would be better wood or styrafoam.

Also what kind of flowers to use? I am going to use fake flowers for this but I'm not sure if carnations or hydrangeas or what??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can use carnation or hydrangeas, whichever you like the look of better. With styrafoam, you could put a little hot glue on the stem and just poke it in. However, you'd want to make sure that you have a thick piece of foam if you plan on doing flowers on all sides (like if it's hanging and viewable from all sides) so that you don't compromise the stability of the foam. Wood is less easy to step on and snap.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards