Favors
Options

Will our tables look empty without favors?

Hi knotties!

I keep reading all the debates on whether or not to have favors.  My FI and I decided that we don't think it's necessary, and would rather put the money towards something else.

However, I'm worried that the tables will look too empty without them.  I wish I had a picture of what we're planning on doing, but I can describe them.  Royal blue tablecloths, yellow rose petals scattered over them.  Hurricane globe centerpiece with tapered white candle inside, matching blue sheer ribbon around the hurricane, sitting on a silver charger.  It's a buffet, so there shouldn't be much of anything on the tables at the start of the reception.  If we don't have favors at the tables, with they look too boring? 

Thanks for your help!

Re: Will our tables look empty without favors?

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

TBH, as a guest, I've never cared what decorations are on the table so long as there is food and drink (and plenty of it).

You'll be fine.

• Options
    Favors are nice, but we are skipping them. Our photobooth prints are favors so just centerpieces on the table. I just felt like tables can get cluttered and favors can get left behind.
  • Options
    Our favors were on the cake table. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.  This is probably one of those things I'm over-thinking!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_will-our-tables-look-empty-without-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:4213c23e-f9c7-49be-8caa-84c25a49eb4ePost:5cd00ff4-fb73-4cf7-b207-329ed90819fd">Will our tables look empty without favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi knotties! I keep reading all the debates on whether or not to have favors.  My FI and I decided that we don't think it's necessary, and would rather put the money towards something else. However, I'm worried that the tables will look too empty without them.  I wish I had a picture of what we're planning on doing, but I can describe them.  Royal blue tablecloths, yellow rose petals scattered over them.  Hurricane globe centerpiece with tapered white candle inside, matching blue sheer ribbon around the hurricane, sitting on a silver charger.  It's a buffet, so there shouldn't be much of anything on the tables at the start of the reception.  <strong>If we don't have favors at the tables, with they look too boring? </strong> Thanks for your help!
    Posted by wittykitty14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Nope.  We had low centerpieces.  With the full place settings (plates, silverware, glasses, napkins, etc), the table was already pretty full!

</div>
  • Options
    First of all, your table settings sound lovely. Secondly, I have to agree with PP that the tables get pretty full with everybody's plates and glasses so having the favors there too might be too much. We are not doing any favors, but if you want to do them, I would suggest putting them by the guest book or the cake. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Your table will not look empty or boring. 10 minutes after the reception starts, the tables will be full with people.
  • Options
    Thank you!  This feels like such a minor detail, but your comments have put my mind at ease!  I appreciate it!
  • Options
    definitely overthinking. once everyone sits with their purses and cameras and phones and whatever else -- nobody will notice =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards