Military Brides

How was your...

Weekend? You ladies being affected by Sandy staying safe? Any fun Halloween party pictures? 

My weekend was... interesting. Some shittt went down in my family that has really really got me holding on tight to H. I hate to be vague like that, but I feel like it's not my story to share. I don't even know why I brought it up, TBH.

Anywayyyy.... we figured out what we are doing for our anniversary/Christmas/New Years; We'll be spending it in San Diego for NYE! FUNNN!!! Also, we'll be going to the Chargers/Raiders game that weekend in SD. I have never been to a football game, so I am excited. 

Re: How was your...

• We had a big Halloween party at DD's.  Her stepDD is moving out of state with her wicked mother.  (we'll save that for later).  It was a goodbye party for her.

Best costume and what I thought was absolute genius?  Out of 45 guests, the one and only black guy came as Where's Waldo.  I told  him we would never find him in that crowd.  We laughed quite a bit over that.  

Lots of fun but glad it's over.
  • I am so jealous of anyone who gets to celebrate Halloween this year. It's my favorite time of year, and no one I know is doing anything. (*insert pouty stomp here*)
  • I worked night shift all weekend. There are 5 of us on site for an 800 bed hospital 36 beds between our 3 intensive care units and we got crapped on all weekend. Saturday night alone between 23:00 and 07:00 we had 6 rapid response that ended in us putting people on life support and 3 traumas. Sunday night was no better. I have one more night shift before 3 days off but both hospitals I work at have me essentially "on call" because of this dang storm. I may pull my hair out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_how-was-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:487cff63-5074-453d-ae1b-c879f2a7f917Post:74b2bdb6-b6bc-4f5b-8ac7-afcb6b80324d">Re:How was your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I worked night shift all weekend. There are 5 of us on site for an 800 bed hospital 36 beds between our 3 intensive care units and we got crapped on all weekend. Saturday night alone between 23:00 and 07:00 we had 6 rapid response that ended in us putting people on life support and 3 traumas. Sunday night was no better. I have one more night shift before 3 days off but both hospitals I work at have me essentially "on call" because of this dang storm. I may pull my hair out.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]
    Ugh, sorry Sammy! That sounds awful!
  • Hey ladies! Friday I went shopping, bought shoes for the ball and CAB I bought the Tarte make up set (the big thrill one). I am so totally in love with it.

Saturday I got my hair done! And watched chick flicks with a friend then had a bonfire with the girls. I was home  a bit after midnight though. Sunday was cleaning and relaxing. 

I go home Thursday (hopefully, I got my eye on you baltimore airport). I have a wedding on Saturday so I hope I at least make it by then. 
  • My weekend was pretty crummy. Not terrible buutttt... I'm a little grumpy that the Thunder traded James Harden. 

Photobucket
  • In Response to Re:How was your...:[QUOTE]Hey ladies! Friday I went shopping, bought shoes for the ball and CAB I bought the Tarte make up set the big thrill one. I am so totally in love with it.Saturday I got my hair done! And watched chick flicks with a friend then had a bonfire with the girls. I was home nbsp;a bit after midnight though. Sunday was cleaning and relaxing.nbsp;I go home Thursday hopefully, I got my eye on you baltimore airport. I have a wedding on Saturday so I hope I at least make it by then.nbsp; Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    That Tarte set is soooo good! Glad you got it and love it!

Amanda, that trade made no sense at all to me!
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_how-was-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:487cff63-5074-453d-ae1b-c879f2a7f917Post:041073b1-e29d-4e6f-a559-733a5eed3b56">Re:How was your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:How was your...: That Tarte set is soooo good! Glad you got it and love it! <strong>Amanda, that trade made no sense at all to me!</strong>
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

<div>He went for the money.... There were rumors he would be leaving because the Thunder wanted to avoid having to pay a luxury tax and couldn't pay him what he wanted. He originally said he wanted to stay no matter what, he loved OK and the team, but when offered the most (5.3mil!) the Thunder could offer he didn't take the offer and he was traded. </div><div>
    </div><div>Little biiitcchh.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • Worked all day Saturday, but had an awesome Sunday :) FI and went on a date on the riverwalk and decided that we'd like to get married on the riverwalk! :D Hooray for planning progress!!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_how-was-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:487cff63-5074-453d-ae1b-c879f2a7f917Post:e60f751f-203c-466d-98a5-c9ec3e8fe7de">Re: How was your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Worked all day Saturday, but had an awesome Sunday :) FI and went on a date on the riverwalk and decided that we'd like to get married on the riverwalk! :D Hooray for planning progress!!! 
    Posted by Zeldakins[/QUOTE]
    That's so great, Zelda! 
  • I took Divine's advice on a venue and I think I may just go ahead and have the whole thing there. I called them earlier to see about dates/prices/options etc... hopefully this works out :D

Also, totally jealous on getting to spend NYE in San Diego!! I'll probably be stuck here, working -.- lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards