Moms and Maids

Invite?

My high school best friend was supposed to be one of my bridesmaids, but she won't be able to make it home for the wedding (she's teaching in China). Do I send her an invite at her mom's house, just because (she's still invited, even if she can't come) or do I not bother, since I know she won't be coming, and won't get the invitation until after the wedding ... Thoughts?

Re: Invite?

• edited December 2011
    Because she is your friend...whether she can come or not.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though you know she is going to respond "no", you definitely need to send her one as just a reminder that she is invited.
  • snwilson0416snwilson0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I would definitely send her one just so she knows that she's still invited. Plus, some people just like to have and keep those things.
  • mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why wouldn't you send it to her in China?
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:2d420e28-0748-4704-b806-09f0032e1c9cPost:368b2ceb-1726-43e9-986b-c3c359566f0c">Re: Invite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why wouldn't you send it to her in China?
    Posted by mia082683[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too.
  • awick14awick14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I was your friend I would want the invite. It is a little something specail from your day that she couldn't be apart of.
    The most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They are felt with the heart. -- Helen Keller Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Send it to her in China... it will be a nice way for her to feel a connection to home. My fiance lived in Japan for awhile (before we met) and I know that getting emails, packages, and phone calls from home kept him going while he was there.
  • edited December 2011
    I would send one anyway. Even if she can't make it, she might still like to have an invitation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards