Moms and Maids

Mothers wearing ivory dresses???

I am getting married in October of this year.  I was wondering if it would be okay for my mother and my future mother-in-law to wear ivory dresses.  Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a wedding rule about that.

Any thoughts?  Anything would help. 

Re: Mothers wearing ivory dresses???

• edited December 2011
    No wedding rules. As long as you're okay with it, it's totally fine. I'm sure your officiant will still agree to marry you and your FI :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    No problem. Actually, tons of brides come on here stomping and screaming because their FMIL or the MOB picked an ivory dress. Kudos to you for knowing that really, it ain't no thang :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I have no problem with them wearing ivory.  Matter fact it was my idea.  I think it will look nice since the dads will have on brown tuxes. 

Well thank you for the advise.  Have a good day.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as your mom(s) are okay wearing ivory, it's fine.  But if they want another color that's just fine as well.  They don't have to match or coordinate with the wedding colors, so they wear whatever they feel beautiful and comfortable in.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mothers-wearing-ivory-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:6ff8590d-4ac0-4d4b-ac36-13dc678a0f5aPost:8891157a-80b3-4089-8cb3-d4c5c3d214c2">Re: Mothers wearing ivory dresses???</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as your mom(s) are okay wearing ivory, it's fine.  But if they want another color that's just fine as well.  They don't have to match or coordinate with the wedding colors, so they wear whatever they feel beautiful and comfortable in.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>True that.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    ditto Trix.

• linzerdlinzerd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditionally you are the only one that should be wearing white (or any shade of white).  But if you don't care then they should wear whatever they want.
  • edited December 2011
    Both my mom and MIL wore ivory at my wedding and I think it looked really nice.  Pics in my bio.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OT but I just looked through your bio Patineuse1124 and it looks like we're both Pearl Street brides! We're getting married there in Sept. Your pics there and in front of city hall look beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards