Not Engaged Yet

Ask me anything!

I am on my own for another hour, maybe an hour and a half, while DH is off on an epicly hot bike ride (it's 91 degrees at 7:25 a.m.). If you are lucky enough to be here... ask me anything!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Ask me anything!

• Here's a question:  why did I think it was a good idea to drink 3 glasses of wine in a time span of 30 minutes last night?  Ugh.

I'm not hung over exactly, but I have heartburn like woah.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:c0ad9ccc-946c-4e30-b698-599bd5f54ccd">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's a question:  why did I think it was a good idea to drink 3 glasses of wine in a time span of 30 minutes last night?  Ugh. I'm not hung over exactly, but I have heartburn like woah.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Because you and I think similarly. I had two glasses of red wine last night on an empty stomach. Then had tortilla chips and queso for dinner. No surprise I woke up with a headache. I will say two Excedrin and one ibuprofen have done the trick.</div>

• I don't have a headache or anything...  just this awful heartburn.  Maybe I'll use it as an excuse to have a milkshake for lunch.

H dragged me to a med school social thing last night...  basically it was a whole bunch of people I didn't know packed into a hotel meeting room.  I'm not comfortable in those types of situations on my best days, and I was having one of those days where I felt horrible about how I looked, so I went straight for the open bar to get through it.  Bad idea.
  • What is the proper way to handle a woman you're pretty sure is a lesbian and attracted to you, who happened to be your mother's employee before she retired, when she comes over to dinner?
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:60d79ee4-2f8c-4fe2-a516-25d7badb0515">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the proper way to handle a woman you're pretty sure is a lesbian and attracted to you, who happened to be your mother's employee before she retired, when she comes over to dinner?
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Obvi I can answer this because I get hit on by lesbians all the time. (notsomuch, really).</div><div>
    </div><div>My advice, try not to be alone with her, but not in an obvious way. Other than that, treat her like you would any of your mother's other friends, and be flattered. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:9762fc44-ac89-4896-a8d6-2010a52d73ba">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : Obvi I can answer this because I get hit on by lesbians all the time. (notsomuch, really). My advice, try not to be alone with her, but not in an obvious way. Other than that, treat her like you would any of your mother's other friends, and be flattered. 
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>She came over for dinner last night, and she was supposed to be bringing a friend, but the friend didn't show up until much later.  When the friend did get close, she got super anxious, and then sat on the love seat with said friend trying to sink as far into the arm as possible, while the friend sat in the middle.</div><div>
    </div><div>I went to bed at like 10.  It was the most awkward dinner ever.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:bde85d8c-3df4-47a1-8410-5c8e2e9a3a9d">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : She came over for dinner last night, and she was supposed to be bringing a friend, but the friend didn't show up until much later.  When the friend did get close, she got super anxious, and then sat on the love seat with said friend trying to sink as far into the arm as possible, while the friend sat in the middle. I went to bed at like 10.  It was the most awkward dinner ever.

<div>Eh... if you don't have to see her often, I wouldn't think much more about it. Is she OUT out? Maybe she was just awkward because she was with that person and didn't want it to be obvious?</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:850bf4b6-7f45-47c4-9c9a-bfae912262c7">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : Eh... if you don't have to see her often, I wouldn't think much more about it. Is she OUT out? Maybe she was just awkward because she was with that person and didn't want it to be obvious?

<div>Definitely not out out.  She's military, so I don't think she wants to be out out - and I'm pretty sure she still thinks of mom as her boss.  </div>
    I french with my man
  • If you could own one (i.e., no collections of items) physical possession that currently exists on Earth what would you choose to own?

Will have to come back for the answer latter...have to head over to SO's and get packing.  I am so, so, so sick of packing. 
  • Tiger: Why are you so pretty? I got drunk last night. I had 2 beers at dinner at like 6 and then 2.5 glasses of wine when I got home. So all of that over the course of 5 hours and I was drunk. My tolerance level has completely diminished. It's a sad, sad day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:e6506382-0f01-4c3c-9786-e9bc2f24bb73">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you could own one (i.e., no collections of items) physical possession that currently exists on Earth what would you choose to own? Will have to come back for the answer latter...have to head over to SO's and get packing.  I am so, so, so sick of packing. 
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmmmm - This is probably colored by what my morning was like, but I will say a laptop with a camera. I do not know how I would survive living 2,500 miles from my niece and nephew if I didn't get to see them via Skype. It would break my heart when we do get to see each other in person if they didn't know who I was. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:6650c66c-734d-42e5-939f-f610921ffd4d">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiger: <strong>Why are you so pretty?</strong> I got drunk last night. I had 2 beers at dinner at like 6 and then 2.5 glasses of wine when I got home. So all of that over the course of 5 hours and I was drunk. My tolerance level has completely diminished. It's a sad, sad day.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Good genes and fantastic parents. Seriously, some of the people in my family were not so lucky with the gene pool. And whenever someone compliments my smile, I have to thank my parents.... those braces were worth every penny.</div><div>
    </div><div>PS - I'm just waiting for someone to say 'So you're saying you think you're pretty?' I hate my nose. HATE IT... but it's part of me, so I'm taking the bad with the good :)</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:6650c66c-734d-42e5-939f-f610921ffd4d">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiger: Why are you so pretty? I got drunk last night. I had 2 beers at dinner at like 6 and then 2.5 glasses of wine when I got home. So all of that over the course of 5 hours and I was drunk.<strong> My tolerance level has completely diminished. </strong>It's a sad, sad day.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>It's football season.  You need to fix that.  STAT.  You know we can't get through a season of Eagles football without getting completely depressingly trashed to make up for the sheer amount of disappointment we're going to be forced to suffer after spending 8 months shouting "THIS IS OUR YEAR!!! SUPERBOWL RINGS WILL BE OURS!!!!!!"</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:e6506382-0f01-4c3c-9786-e9bc2f24bb73">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If you could own one (i.e., no collections of items) physical possession that currently exists on Earth what would you choose to own?</strong> Will have to come back for the answer latter...have to head over to SO's and get packing.  I am so, so, so sick of packing. 
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

I know this question is for Tiger but I'm answering it.

The invisibilty cloak.  Duh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:1db8b397-2331-4f40-9b85-180adca56f0a">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : Good genes and fantastic parents. Seriously, some of the people in my family were not so lucky with the gene pool. And whenever someone compliments my smile, I have to thank my parents.... those braces were worth every penny. PS - I'm just waiting for someone to say 'So you're saying you think you're pretty?' I hate my nose. HATE IT... but it's part of me, so I'm taking the bad with the good :)

That was obviously going to be my next question :)

I think you have a good nose!

• Tiger, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was like "oh, I love my nose."  I hate mine, too.  You are gorg.

Question:  If I know my boss has been cheating on his timesheets, and I have proof, should I report it?  Keep in mind that I would love it if he got fired.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:76f23fce-8af1-4223-922a-cb5a33fefae8">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : It's football season.  You need to fix that.  STAT.  You know we can't get through a season of Eagles football without getting completely depressingly trashed to make up for the sheer amount of disappointment we're going to be forced to suffer after spending 8 months shouting "THIS IS OUR YEAR!!! SUPERBOWL RINGS WILL BE OURS!!!!!!"

I know! Once all this health shitt is figured out I should be back to normal. Apparently stress only makes me eat, as opposed to making me want to also get drunk to forget it all. Maybe that's a good thing?

I can't wait for September.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:50b866f9-92cb-4399-ab91-d3efc242fdf2">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiger, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was like "oh, I love my nose."  I hate mine, too.  You are gorg. <strong>Question:  If I know my boss has been cheating on his timesheets, and I have proof, should I report it?  Keep in mind that I wo</strong>uld love it if he got fired.

<div>Not directed at me, but I'll answer.  Yes.  He seems pretty useless.</div><div>
    </div><div>Did you ever find him?  My vote is still on being stuffed in a barrel. </div>
    I french with my man
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:50b866f9-92cb-4399-ab91-d3efc242fdf2">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiger, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was like "oh, I love my nose."  I hate mine, too.  You are gorg. Question:  If I know my boss has been cheating on his timesheets, and I have proof, should I report it?  Keep in mind that I would love it if he got fired.

I am ok with my nose. When I was younger, my friends and I were playing this game where you pull a card with a question and then you select another player as the answer. The players are color coded so you put their color into the pile so it's a secret. Anyways, the question was "whose nose would you trade for?" and everyone picked mine. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

ETA: I vote yes. I also think you should have told someone about the shenanigans he pulled on Thursday.

• I'm off to yet another doctors appointment. Be back in a bit ladies!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:695b2d1e-c85c-4d42-9eda-5997d549098e">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : I am ok with my nose. When I was younger, my friends and I were playing this game where you pull a card with a question and then you select another player as the answer. The players are color coded so you put their color into the pile so it's a secret. <strong>Anyways, the question was "whose nose would you trade for?" and everyone picked mine. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. </strong> ETA: I vote yes. I also think you should have told someone about the shenanigans he pulled on Thursday.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I love those little self-esteem boosting moments when they happen.

Peek:  He did turn up.  Waltzed in yesterday like nothing had happened.  No apologies, no real explanations (except for saying he thought he took too many sleeping pills on Wednesday night).  I think he was feeling kind of guilty, though, because he let me leave several hours early yesterday.

If I <em>do</em> report him, how do I go about it without sounding like I'm just trying to get him in trouble?
  • Oh, noses.  I actually really like the shape of my nose - I don't think it's overly large or too small, and I like the way that it kind of points up without being one of those overly upturned noses.  I strongly dislike that I have a bajillion blackheads on my nose, and I have tried almost every single skincare product on the market designed to get rid of blackheads and they will not go away.  On any given day, you can squeeze part of my nose like you're popping a zit, and it looks like trees are growing.

SO, ranting aside, How do I get rid of my nose problems?
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:e92feaff-2f5f-4da8-bc5b-56575b1cdd0a">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : That was obviously going to be my next question :) I think you have a good nose!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>It's perfectly fine from the front, but from the side.. woah. Did you see the pic of me driving that Liv posted on FB yesterday? ew.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:50b866f9-92cb-4399-ab91-d3efc242fdf2">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiger, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was like "oh, I love my nose."  I hate mine, too.  You are gorg. Question:  If I know my boss has been cheating on his timesheets, and I have proof, should I report it?  Keep in mind that I would love it if he got fired.

<div>If you have 100% proof, then I'd turn him in. That might be a tough one though, because it would be your word against his in terms of what time he came in and left... It might be tough for you to prove. Does he know that you see his timesheets? </div>

• I don't think you can, Elle.  But I will say this - what he is doing by lying on his timesheet is committing fraud.  It's a crime.  And, as a good citizen and employee, it is your duty to report it.  The higher ups won't know unless you tell them, and this is something that you are supposed to tell.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:25af098d-bdb7-4766-9700-a78dc19a9e20">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : If you have 100% proof, then I'd turn him in. That might be a tough one though, because it would be your word against his in terms of what time he came in and left... It might be tough for you to prove. Does he know that you see his timesheets? 

Everyday, we get an automatic email containing the week's timesheet details.  I don't think he knows I look at it (I usually don't, but I've been curious lately) but he does know I can see it if i want to.

And yes, I have 100% proof.  Our office has a security camera, and it's easy to watch people come and go.
  • In other news, I'm the opposite of you, Tiger.  I really like my nose in profile, but it's really fat straight on.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:6c5ca9cd-34c1-4c90-bf61-cee1eb89bc39">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : Everyday, we get an automatic email containing the week's timesheet details.  I don't think he knows I look at it (I usually don't, but I've been curious lately) but he does know I can see it if i want to. And yes, I have 100% proof.  Our office has a security camera, and it's easy to watch people come and go.

<div>Then I would turn him in if it has been consistent, flagrant abuse of his timesheets. Is he paid hourly or salary? If he's salary, it may not make much of a difference.</div>

• He's hourly.  He's always scheduled for a perfect 40 hours a week, and most days he leaves early so he should be getting less than that, but I starting noticing on our budget reports that we were paying out a lot of overtime.  Turns out he leaves himself clocked in a lot when he's not here.  It's easy for him -- he actually lives in an apartment attached to our office, so he can leave for the day at 2 but come back and clock out at 6:30...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6420ba92-de8f-4203-89cc-7263cf7fc766Post:d5b225e7-bb90-4d72-97ae-86c7c7fb9c83">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's hourly.  He's always scheduled for a perfect 40 hours a week, and most days he leaves early so he should be getting less than that, but I starting noticing on our budget reports that we were paying out a lot of overtime.  Turns out he leaves himself clocked in a lot when he's not here.  It's easy for him -- he actually lives in an apartment attached to our office, so he can leave for the day at 2 but come back and clock out at 6:30...

<div>Oh man, that sucks. If it's been going on for awhile and happens every week, then I would report it to your HR rep. It sounds like there are several things they are not happy with him about, so you would be doing them a service about bringing this to their attention.</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards