African American Weddings
Options

He proposed :) :) :)

Hi Ladies,
I'm sorta new, I introduced myself in the Welcome/Roll Call thread some months back. Anyways...I'm engaged as of this morning. I'm still in shock, it was totally unexpected. I thought he was going to do it when we went away for my Bday in September, but this morning he met me at the train staion before work and proposed.
I'm so excited...I'm a "pre planner" but now that is REAL I'm blank...lol.
Where do I start first??????
Anniversary Photobucket

Re: He proposed :) :) :)

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Start with your budget and date, from there you can work on your vendors! Make sure you enjoy your engagement, don't burn yourself out too soon especially if your have a long engagement.

You in the DC area? Did he actually propose in a metro station?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Well after the shock wears off, enjoy that for awhile.

Budget, time of year, potential guest list. 

Don't overwhelm yourself, take it one thing at a time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!  First things first, set a budget and pick a date.  Then you can start hunting for a venue.  The knot has a checklist that is very helpful for your wedding timeline.  Welcome to the best board on the knot and happy planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bre92882bre92882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies

msapril0730 Yes I'm the DMV, he proposed in the parking lot, we park next to each other every morning. It wasn't a big scene or anything.

Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you! Definitely start with the budget and venue. Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree.  Start with budget and date.  And Congratulations on your engagement!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

"When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats and i agress with pp's budget and date and work from there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Yes even with "pre-planning" once it actually happens you go numb! I know I did lol. I would honestly say take a second, step back, and enjoy being engaged!! Then after that pick a date and set a budget :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the best board on the knot.

I agree PP on the budget.  You will also need to figure out how many people you want at your event.  That number will help you pick out a venue.  Some popular venues can be reserved a year or more out.  This can change your date if you really want to go with that venue.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats girlie on your engagement!!!! And Welcome to one of the best boards on the KNOT... I stay on this board more than I am on my local board. First thing to do is start with a budget, date and a potential guest list. Once you have that nailed down then you can begin your hunt for your venue. Also whatever you and you hunny agree on let that be it... I'm getting married in what 6 months and I'm kicking myself that my guest list went from 150 to 200....LOL Do I even know 200 people that I can borrow money from, umm no....LOL No but seriously enjoy wedding planning and these ladies on this board has your back.. I must say that
  • Options
    LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  Welcome. Everyone has already said it date budget  then venue. Good luck!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! You probably went to work smiling ear to ear...lol  I thought i had all my wedding plans, colors, theme etc...when he proposed it was like it was my first time ever thinking of a wedding... I didnt know what to do...lol  I agree with the ladies above start with your budget, work on a date that is convenient for you and guests and take it step by step from there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww!! Congratulations! I agree with the other ladies, budget and date. From there guest list.  Then start looking at venues. 
    These ladies are awesome and always here to help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww Congrats.... I'm a "pre planner" too still waiting on my ring *blushing*  Happy planning :)
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011

YAY!!! Congrats!!! Welcome!! I was a pre-planner myself! FI surprised me too! Happy planning! :D

• Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your proposal.  What a nice way to start your day and your weekend.  Have a blast planning and I look forward to seeing you posting away on the board. :)

Now as to where to start first, being in the DC area your venue is the first thing to get after you set the date and your budget.  Next you probably want to secure your photographer.  The popular venues and vendors book up way early.  You would want to move fairly quickly if the date you set is one year or under.  If over a year, you probably have a bit more time to get started with your venue. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!! I know this is such a blissful time..enjoy it!!
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! congrats! Start off with budget, date and look at potential venues!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The ladies have said it all! 

Congrats on your engagement & welcome to the board!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congratulations on your engagement!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    tayliataylia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations sit back breathe and enjoy everything will fall into place.Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards