Not Engaged Yet

Intro and Coolest Place You've Ever Been!

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself. I posted on the Intro thread, but if you have more questions I'm happy to answer. My name is Megan, by the way.

So for fun: What's the coolest pace you've ever been? I've been to Brazil and Tanzania (eastern coast of Africa). They were awesome.
"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." -Psalm 63:3

Re: Intro and Coolest Place You've Ever Been!

• edited December 2011
    Welcome... We are lazy today, so please copy and paste you intro post here :)

I haven't been farther west than Estes Park, CO, I've been up to BOston and to Florida and Alabama, Texas and Wisconsin and a few places inbetween. Outside of the country I have been to Mexico (Puerto Vallarta) and Venezuela.

What types of food do you like? I love Latin flavors!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, another new kid! ::waves:: hiya. What is your favorite food?

My favorite place I've been is Paris, France. But Alaska was also quite incredible. Beautiful wilderness, glaciers calving, whales breaching.
  • edited December 2011
    Cut and paste, please. I'm a lazy sh*t and don't feel like weeding through the ridiculous amount of intro posts (80% of which are post-and-runners)... :)

Seconding the what's your favorite food...

I honestly can't quite pinpoint one cool place that I've been...I've been incredibly blessed when it's come to the ability to travel. Belize was incredible (the food, the diving, the beaches, everything), as was Paris, Salzburg, the Rocky Mountains. The Dry Tortugas were GORGEOUS. Charleston and Savannah are still my two favorite places to vacation in, and the Outer Banks are amazing. I have a feeling that Alaska is going to be up there in my top places when we go on our honeymoon...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• JJsLadyJJsLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha lazy is cool. I love how both of you asked about food! I love Italian foods! My all time favorite food has to be lasagna.

Here's my intro post:

Screen Name: JJsLady

Significant Other's Age:21

What You Do: I'm a full-time bank teller at a tiny bank no one's ever heard of :) I'm saving up to go back to school for probably psychology. I want to be a case worker here in the States, but mostly want to be a missionary, and one day open up an orphanage for HIV+ kids in Tanzania.

What SO Does: Right now he's at an internship at IHOP (prayer, not pancakes!). He wants to teach English in the countries we serve in :)

State of Relationship: Still dating, but hopefully close to engagement!

How Long You've Been Together: A little more than 2 1/2 years

Fur Babies: I don't have any of my own (I live with my parents), but we have a cat named Stormy. And man is she old haha. We also have a tortoise we're trying to sell.

Favorite Color: Traditionally blue, but the older I get the more I just love all of them!

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's just such a good man. I trust him implicitly and know that I can count on him to be there for me and be the best man that he can be: emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he isn't sure what to do, he does nothing. So (for example) when he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with his life, he just worked and would not talk or think about it. It's really frustrating, and we end up arguing because I try to make him face the unknown instead of ignoring it!

Hobbies/Activities: Horses, reading, writing

Describe Your Personality: I'm compassionate and friendly, but SO impatient!

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Generally very low!

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have been to Brazil and Tanzania on mission trips and loved it!
  • JJsLadyJJsLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love traveling! Alaska sounds amazing, but I'm not sure I can put up with all that cold :/ haha
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-coolest-place-youve-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bb0772f1-2135-4801-93ba-e6e6fe8cee8aPost:9e6ca692-87a7-4113-a251-4b765a79bf28">Re: Intro and Coolest Place You've Ever Been!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love traveling! Alaska sounds amazing, but I'm not sure I can put up with all that cold :/ haha
    Posted by JJsLady[/QUOTE]

Haha. We went in the summer, so it was a bit chilly, 40-50s for the most part, but okay. It really is a beautiful place.

I love Italian food, too! Lasagne is good. One of my favorite things in the whole universe is going to an Italian restaurant that makes its own fresh pasta. Yummmmmm.
  • JJsLadyJJsLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha oh Marley, you're making me drool!
  • edited December 2011

Nice to meet you JJ. My name is Megan too - we even spell it the same!

My newbs questions always center around travel...so I guess I have to go with this one today - What is the one place you would visit if vacation time and cost were no issue?

For me, I really loved Belize. There were so many activities, the locals were super friendly, the weather was amazing and we even had our own private island BBQ on the beach one day! That was a girl's trip though, so my favorite place I've been with BF so far would probably have to be Puerto Rico. El Yunque National Rain Forest, San Cristobal Fort and the Bio Luminescent Bay were my faves there.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to NEY!!

It's really hard to choose just one place but I guess I'll go with Maho Beach in St. Martin.  The airport is right at the beach & huge planes fly over your head, it was really neat! Here's a pic (not mine bc I can't get on FB from work): 

ETA: here's a pretty good video of it also:

• JJsLadyJJsLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All these places sound amazing! And thanks for the welcome :)

If I oculd go any one place... hmm... My own private island haha. Anywhere. Somewhere I can try all sorts of cool stuff like jet skis and parasailing and surfing, but somewhere I can just relax on the beach or hike through the jungle or what have you.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Megan! Coolest place I've ever been is Ireland! 10 days in a diesel van going across the country with my family was seriously the best experience of my life. If I want to go on a quick vacation now though I fly down to New Orleans. My sister lives in NOLA so it's a free place to stay with awesome food.
    Rampaging bears are the answer to all of our cultural missteps
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite place has been St. Malo, France. It's on the Atlantic coast, and it's a medieval walled in village. It's so freaking cool. I also got some of the best soft serve ice cream from there...bonus!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JJsLadyJJsLady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, Liv! That sounds like the most perfect job ever!

SWhite... a medieval village? That sounds so cool! Is it a tourist thing or an actual running village?
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My favorite place I've been is Kona, Hawaii.  I love it not because it was a great vacation destination (it totally is though), but because I could really picture myself living there.  When we were in Oahu and Maui the year before, they were both gorgeous and fun, but Kona just felt like 'home'.  FI and I seriously looked into moving there, but there aren't a whole lot of jobs, so unless he gets a work from home job, we'll stay here.

I also loved Puerto Rico, so much cool stuff to do there.  Then we are going to Cabo for our HM which I'm really looking forward to.  And then we are going back to Hawaii (probably Kauai this time) sometime next year, looking at possibly Feb or March.

Anniversary
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

Gosh I have so many how could I pick just one?  Probably Lucerne, Switzerland; Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy; Scotland, Ireland, and Kandern, Germany.  France is lovely too.  Damn.  I have too many :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

My favorite place was probably Amsterdam. I loved the vibe of the city, and I love that there's something for everyone. If you want to party, you can. If you want to spend the whole day at museums, you can. The people were super nice, too.

Going through the Alps by train on the Italian border with Austria would be a close second. The scenery was seriously some of the most breathtaking I have ever seen. I have a picture but it does not do it justice.

• meamollymeamolly member
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Hell, it wasnt that hot and it even rained! Ok so it wasnt THE hell but a town called hell in the Cayman Islands. I love Grand Cayman and hope I get to go back again someday. I did nothing but drink, lay on the beach and snorkle. Great place for the all important do nothing vacation
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-coolest-place-youve-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bb0772f1-2135-4801-93ba-e6e6fe8cee8aPost:abe8a2da-8815-4b74-b8fa-f9e3b54ff332">Re: Intro and Coolest Place You've Ever Been!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my gosh, Liv! That sounds like the most perfect job ever! SWhite... a medieval village? That sounds so cool! Is it a tourist thing or an actual running village?
    Posted by JJsLady[/QUOTE]

<div>It's an actual city, it was just built in Medieval times.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi JJ,

I really liked Peru. I definitely fell in love with it when I was there in February. But there are too many neat places to choose from!

I actually know a couple who are missionaries in Malawi right now working with an organization that tries to combat HIV :) they really love what they're doing!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!! Coolest place I've ever been to Shanghai and Beijing,  my favorite place is China!

Anniversary

• thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Favorite food is fesenjaan.

I lived in Ghana for two summers and it is likely the coolest place I've been. I really love it there. I also enjoyed living in Germany and Vermont.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards