Not Engaged Yet

Make that 0 out of 5.

That would be the number of my BMs who are coming to my shower on Saturday. My pity party continues, inspired by two more lame excuses this morning. Somebody snap me out of it. I hate feeling like this.

Re: Make that 0 out of 5.

• Want me to throw ice cubes at them??

*hugs* I'm sorry you are feeling down.

Tarra can host a massive Skype Date - we can have a "shower" of our own?? :)
  • Throw ice cubes. Many many ice cubes. If you can get some to go down their shirts and pants, that's even better.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:93698177-e617-484d-a820-33cac124ac4a">Re:Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Throw ice cubes. Many many ice cubes. If you can get some to go down their shirts and pants, that's even better.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I'm a pretty decent shot - I could probably accomplish this. Especially if any of them are well endowed :-P
  • What?? That stinks. Why are none of them coming?
  • Well, they're all better endowed than I am. Yet another reason for me to feel bitter and sullen today. Can I register for bigger boobs for a wedding gift?
  • In Response to Re:Make that 0 out of 5.:[QUOTE]What?? That stinks. Why are none of them coming? Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

The usual excuses... Work, distance, some prior commitment, etc. Understandable, but the fact that it's ALL of them makes me feel pretty shiity. None of my other friends are coming either. I'm going to be the youngest person there by at least 20 years.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:f9739626-4a67-4b58-9da9-c14bea174581">Re:Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, they're all better endowed than I am. Yet another reason for me to feel bitter and sullen today. <strong>Can I register for bigger boobs for a wedding gift?</strong>

I am of the opinion that you can register for whatever you want!! 

*throwing ice cubes*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:9d1bc6c6-bbc4-4fc4-ac98-d6632cd55078">Re:Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Make that 0 out of 5.: The usual excuses... Work, distance, some prior commitment, etc. Understandable, but the fact that it's ALL of them makes me feel pretty shiity. None of my other friends are coming either. I'm going to be the youngest person there by at least 20 years.

That SUCKS. I'm sure they legitimately wish they could be there, but like you said - the fact that it's all of them just really stings. When no one else but my sister and I went to my bestie's bachelorette, I was FUMING. Like, ready to tell them all off I was so heated. And it wasn't even my party! I can imagine it feels crappy :( But just remember that they do love you and want to share the big day with you, so I'm sure they are all really upset that they can't make it to the shower. Also, we love you!!! I'm totally on board with the virtual-shower-for-Elle idea.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    I think you need to fire those bitches from your wedding!!!!!  JK

Do they all know that none of them are coming??  Because maybe if they did, they would have thought twice about making excuses.  How much notice did they have?

I would maybe send a mass text to the girls and say something like, "I'm so sad that none of you can make it to the shower!  I would have loved to see you, but I understand.  I'm looking forward to (other future activities)."

I wish I could come.  :(

*hugs hun*
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • People suck. That is all. 

(I clearly suck too for not having anything better to say...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:fcc5fbcc-fd37-41af-a949-684bfd663362">Re: Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you need to fire those bitches from your wedding!!!!!  JK Do they all know that none of them are coming??  Because maybe if they did, they would have thought twice about making excuses.  How much notice did they have? I <strong>would maybe send a mass text to the girls and say something like, "I'm so sad that none of you can make it to the shower!  I would have loved to see you, but I understand.  I'm looking forward to (other future activities)."</strong> I wish I could come.  :( *hugs hun*
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

I like this idea.

Seriously, if I had the money, I would so show up and surprise you.

• Sousa I keep telling myself that that they all really wish they could be there and stuff, but I'm just not sure it's true. Only a couple of them even bothered to mention it to me at all. The others just RSVPed 'no' and that was it. Or they didn't RSVP at all and I had to seek out their rejections. A few of Nick's relatives who can't come at least had the decency to send me sweet notes saying they were sorry and would be thinking about me. How hard is that? Steph I don't think they know. I haven't expressed any disappointment or anything. I don't want anyone except for you guys, apparently to feel sorry for me.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:68405bbc-19bd-4752-8233-b5238ac564c8">Re:Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sousa I keep telling myself that that they all really wish they could be there and stuff, but I'm just not sure it's true. Only a couple of them even bothered to mention it to me at all. The others just RSVPed 'no' and that was it. Or they didn't RSVP at all and I had to seek out their rejections. A few of Nick's relatives who can't come at least had the decency to send me sweet notes saying they were sorry and would be thinking about me. How hard is that? Steph I don't think they know. I haven't expressed any disappointment or anything.<strong> I don't want anyone except for you guys, apparently to feel sorry for me.</strong>

I don't think sending a message like that would make them feel sorry for you!  They should know that NONE of them are going to be there.  I think phrasing it like I did doesn't say "I'm disappointed."  I think it says more "Awww, shucks, that sucks."  :)

And, it would have been nice if they did respond with a heartfelt response instead of just "no" or not responding at all.  That's pretty crummy, IMO.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Elle go on with your bad self, I say you can throw your pity party out the window!  You are better than that.  I do have to ask, are your BMs throwing your a bridal party?  I wasn't sure if you ever mentioned that.  Besides the point the ladies above have all said what I would have said.  That you deserve better than just a "no".  Don't let this get you down.  Those who are throwing the party and attending are doing so because they want to celebrate your upcoming marriage.  Focus on them, regardless of age.  I know it sucks that none of your friends can make it and that those who can are older than you.  Be grateful someone is throwing you a party which you needed to register for and which you got a Keurig from.  I'm here to let you vent and now you need to snap out of it by 5 pm tonight!  You hear me!!!!!  I do <3 you with big puffy pink <3s.  Just don't let it get you down.  YOU"RE feisty and you know it.
  • Aww, Elele, I'm sorry.  That's a cruddy situation.  If it helps, I'd be all for the NEY bridal shower through skype thing.
  • When I have things that upset me (mostly at work), I think of two phrases and then move on:

... and...

Haters gonna hate. They're missing out. F*ck 'em.

• Aw, Elle, I'm really sorry :( I probably would throw myself a pity party if that happened to me, too, so I can't blame you.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• In Response to Re:Make that 0 out of 5.:[QUOTE]When I have things that upset me mostly at work, I think of two phrases and then move on: ... and... Haters gonna hate. They're missing out. Fck 'em. Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Have I told you how awesome I think you are? Because you are.

And thanks everyone for letting me vent and not crucifying me for it. I just feel like there isn't really anyone else I can express this to, because the people I usually talk to are the same people who have made me upset. Ugh.
  • BIg hugs, Elle. I hope they have good reasons for not making it beacause I couldn't imaging skipping my friend's shower if I were a BM. My offer of a Skype shower still stands. You'd get more attendees than Skype video is able to handle.
  • What a bunch of jerk faces!  I'm sorry, I know the whole "no one is as happy about your wedding as you are" crap ya ya, but that's just not always true.  I have been in 2 out of my 3 BFF's weddings and I was always excited for them.  They are my friends and I love them more than most of my family members.  We always show up for each other. 

It makes me mad for you that they couldn't have asked for a day off or drove a little out of their way to go to your party.  I know not everyone is like that with their friends/family or gets excited about wedding crap but if I've been thought of highly enough to be asked to stand up next to my friend then I'm going to take my butt to all the parties and make it a memorable time for her.  I know you are sad honey but I'd be mad too.  I agree with SKP fire their asses from the wedding...j/k...sorta...I know you can't really do that.  Ettiquette and all that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:33399452-d39c-4cfb-ac59-0ea9cdf0be73">Re: Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE] My offer of a Skype shower still stands. You'd get more attendees than Skype video is able to handle.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]
    I'd participate, but my regular lack of clothing may be found offensive by the general populace.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:63f5429c-2153-4d1c-a4ab-33f4b4d5558e">Re: Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Make that 0 out of 5. : I'd participate, but my regular lack of clothing may be found offensive by the general populace.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

You can position the camera so we only see your head!  =)
  • Are they all out of town from where the shower is?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That is so lame Elle! If I could afford it I would fly down ASAP! I think you should let them know you are disappointed. You are allowed to have feelings hugs

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re:Make that 0 out of 5.:[QUOTE]Are they all out of town from where the shower is? Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Two of them are local; the others are out of town, but not so far out of town that they'd have to fly or anything, and there are other local relatives who could put them up, so hotels aren't an issue.

And then another two of my nonBM friends are local, but they aren't coming either.
  • In Response to Re:Make that 0 out of 5.:[QUOTE]Can I throw these ice cubes at them?<a href="http://www.perpetualkid.com/akbulletsicetray.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.perpetualkid.com/akbulletsicetray.aspx</a> Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

Love that!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_make-that-0-out-of-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da951649-9ca1-4dae-ae31-e5989dad1988Post:f7d3189e-835a-4534-86d0-c5fd1ad565fc">Re: Make that 0 out of 5.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I throw these ice cubes at them? <a href="http://www.perpetualkid.com/ak-bullets-ice-tray.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.perpetualkid.com/ak-bullets-ice-tray.aspx</a>
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

That is awesome!
  • I know im new here but that really sucks, like other posters said they are the ones missing out on being there for that special moment with you. Hope that some people you dont expect show up and surprise you!

• Aw, that really sucks Elle! The ones that are local can't even make a short appearance?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards