Not Engaged Yet

Which other boards do you visit?

Not *necessarily* a place to snark on other boards, I was just wondering in general, which other boards do you visit.

(Footnote: Though I'm not gonna lie, this was inspired by this board being called "mean" when we were harping on someone who had violated the Terms of Use...).  I would say, some other boards who will snark on you for (let's say) not wearing a white dress, are "mean."

ANYway.  I post on my local board b/c I'll have answers to particular questions from ppl about the city.....there are a lot of tourists who ask for general recommendations about the city, etc.  I also used to do this on Yahoo Answers, but then kinda dropped off.  (Talk about BSC, Yahoo Answers....),

I also like Snarky Brides, but their board moves much faster so it's harder to "keep up" with posts!

And then the Kn$t made me pick a month board Undecided but I don't particularly check it.  I'm not sure why you HAVE TO pick a month to join, but ok whatever.  How would you *know* what month if you're NEY?

So - where else do y'all hang out?

Re: Which other boards do you visit?

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My month and local I post in. Sometimes in SB, etiquette and second marriages.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    I hang out here and Just Engaged the most.  Sometimes I'll stop by Students, ChitChat, or my month board.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lurk around a lot of places. I basically post pretty regularly on here, and I post fairly often on WP, M&M, Pre-Wedding Parties, Students, Christian... hmm. Sometimes JE&P and Beauty. Very occasionally I'll post on E, Registering, Reception, or Chit Chat etc. I'm all over.

NEY is my fave. E is my fave to lurk on.

EDIT: I also lurk on SB. Occasionally post. Forgot about that one. SB and E just move too fast for me to keep up.
  • edited December 2011
    I check JE because I like to see people post their rings on the sticky. Sometimes I comment on the posts if I see one that stands out.

I lurk on a few other boards when this one is particularly slow: moms and maids, SB, registries...

I also lurk on the nest's family matters because I LOVE MOTHER IN LAW STORIES :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I lurk on multiple boards, but the only other board I post on is the Jewish Weddings board, to learn. I'm Jewish but I've never been to a Jewish wedding before. I'm the first cousin/niece/granddaughter on both sides of the family to get married so I need to brush up on my Jewyness.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I post here and SB.
    I lurk and randomly post on E.

I like the funny kid stories on WW, but I feel extra creepy reading them and not posting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm usually just here, or around E or SB. I keep an eye on my local, but it's really dead. My month board is mostly full of people who are a lot further along in planning, so while they're nice, I don't have much to add.

Bside - I was a BM in a Jewish wedding this year. I'm happy to discuss it with you.
  • edited December 2011
    I lurk on Honeymoon (want to see where everyone is going), Food and Cakes (because I love food and cake) and my local. I used to post regularly to E and SB but got tired of them.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-boards-visit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c3e20a03-ad97-48cf-bc70-5a03f2f8957fPost:76689bea-42a7-41b9-b19d-53451df00327">Re: Which other boards do you visit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lurk on multiple boards, but the only other board I post on is the Jewish Weddings board, to learn. I'm Jewish but I've never been to a Jewish wedding before. I'm the first cousin/niece/granddaughter on both sides of the family to get married so I need to brush up on my Jewyness.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

I have ONLY been to Jewish weddings. LOL.
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I mostly post here and consider this my 'home' board.  I also lurk/randomly post on many of the other boards, but most often is E & SB.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I tend to jump into several of the other boards, and feel like if I can answer a question over there then I do. I typically don't start a new discussion (unless I have a specific question that I'm dying to get answered).

I tend to hop over to Just Engaged, Wedding Party (they tend to have good discussions), I posted for the first time on Attire because I was DYING to know where a dress was from, Etiquette is okay, and Pre Wedding Parties. Other than that I post on my local board.

I hopped over to the Nest today because some of their boards seemed interesting. I didn't realize I had to have a seperate Nest account though... so I left. It was my same user name but I thought I'd just be able to post!
    Anniversary
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far, I like you all the best.  You're stuck with me.  You'll have to deal with it. :)

I'm sure as things progress, other boards will become interesting, but I like the number of reasonable, educated people in this forum. 

I found a part of the nest where everyone was fighting, insulting each other (not in a snarky way) and calling each other names.  Who knew a message board for home stuff and being a newlywed (at least, I thought that was the point) could be so chaotic!
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I occasionally drop in on just about all the boards to lurk for a bit, but I very rarely post anywhere other than here or JE/P.  I've posted once or twice on SB, but, like others have metioned, it's really hard to keep up over there.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-boards-visit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c3e20a03-ad97-48cf-bc70-5a03f2f8957fPost:9176f859-2304-450f-b4ba-17418305a23c">Re: Which other boards do you visit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which other boards do you visit? : I have ONLY been to Jewish weddings. LOL.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

Maaaaan you're gonna be like an expert when you get hitched! All of my relatives have been married since before I was born or when I was so little I wasn't invited to the wedding. I grew up in a predominantly Catholic town and my only Jewish friend I didn't meet until I was halfway through college. So when it comes to Jewish weddings, I wouldn't even know where to begin!

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I spend most of my posts on this one.  I don't feel too right about posting on other boards because I am NEY, but I love the stories.  I read Moms and Maids, Engagements and proposals, Snarky, Students, Christian, etiquette sometimes.  Basically anywhere if I am bored.... :)

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    I only post here...posting elsewhere is kinda weird to me since I'm not engaged. I do lurk on my local board and just engaged to look at the pretty rings :)
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-boards-visit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c3e20a03-ad97-48cf-bc70-5a03f2f8957fPost:f20a698b-7d8d-4719-81ea-0879bdfdf642">Re: Which other boards do you visit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which other boards do you visit? : Maaaaan you're gonna be like an expert when you get hitched! All of my relatives have been married since before I was born or when I was so little I wasn't invited to the wedding. I grew up in a predominantly Catholic town and my only Jewish friend I didn't meet until I was halfway through college. So when it comes to Jewish weddings, I wouldn't even know where to begin!
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

You can ask me if you have any questions. I sort of know the basics. There's also a lot of informational sites online. Is your FI Jewish too?
  • edited December 2011
    I call this board home (even though I wouldn't say I'm cool enough to be a reg yet) and I lurk and occasionally post on Etiquette.
  • edited December 2011
    This is definitely my "home" and I rarely (if ever) venture to other places. TK bugs me but i do hit my local sometimes. I lurk TN because the amount of insanity over there is too hard to keep up with and the women are BEYOND ridiculous sometimes.

I don't know - I got here and somehow I stuck, lol. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate my local board.  A lot.

I hang out on Military Brides, but it's pretty dull in there generally.  Except for the biweekly fight about whether it's okay to JOP in secret before a deployment so they can pocket the extra "separation pay" to pay for their pretty princess wedding.  Which makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  There's two types of military brides - those who are educated, mature, and independent and those who aren't.  The ones who aren't are usually 18 years old.  I fear that I'll hate 80% of other military spouses when BF goes active duty if that board is any example.  But I've made some really good friends over there, too, so there's hope!

I also scan Moms & Maids, Etiquette, and Snarky Brides, but rarely post.

Anniversary

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-boards-visit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c3e20a03-ad97-48cf-bc70-5a03f2f8957fPost:fa9af53d-7ca8-41eb-888f-ad07f88f9fa2">Re: Which other boards do you visit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I fear that I'll hate 80% of other military spouses when BF goes active duty if that board is any example.  But I've made some really good friends over there, too, so there's hope! Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't hate the other military spouses. My mom made some really great friends whom were military spouses. So I hope and believe there is hope for you. :)  I mean I have met great friends too, but they weren't spouses at that time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-boards-visit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c3e20a03-ad97-48cf-bc70-5a03f2f8957fPost:65d4c785-b5f9-4311-b1d3-ed05e2f69792">Re: Which other boards do you visit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only post here...posting elsewhere is kinda weird to me since I'm not engaged. I do lurk on my local board and just engaged to look at the pretty rings :)
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

I felt that way too when I was NEY, but sometimes the topics were interesting and I threw in my $.02 anyways.  I ended up getting over it pretty quick though because as long as you don't refer to your BF as FI, most people don't mind that you are posting and NEY (un-engaged people can have helpful wedding experience too)
    Anniversary
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lurk on E a lot when it's slow here.

I occasionally post on Students and Chit-Chat. I like looking at the sticky on the Just Engaged bored too.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-boards-visit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c3e20a03-ad97-48cf-bc70-5a03f2f8957fPost:f17f3b7d-0948-4dd4-add2-4065f72d0969">Re: Which other boards do you visit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which other boards do you visit? : You can ask me if you have any questions. I sort of know the basics. There's also a lot of informational sites online. Is your FI Jewish too?
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

Thanks, GPB! =)

He's not really Jewish. His dad is Jewish and his mom is Catholic - her family wasn't too happy about her marrying a Jew (this was almost 30 years ago) so they didn't have a religious ceremony. But he was raised celebrating the major holidays of both religions. He's converting, though. He starts classes in January.

• edited December 2011
    I lurk my local boards but only post on here. And still don't do that much...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I mostly lurk, don't post to much but I check out a lot of boards. My local and December 2010 are really slow.

What are some of the good nest boards?
    imageAnniversary
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I call this my "home" but I do lurk on other boards occassionally.

I don't even look at my "local" board because TK's choices for Canada are - Canada, Canada-Alberta, Canada-Toronto and Canada-Vancouver. Which is pretty friggin ridiculous IMO. They don't even have Montreal on there! They've got the entire country, then a province and then 2 cities. It makes no sense at all to me.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This has become my home as well. Being NEY I tend to stay here, although when it gets really slow I will check out E and SB. I only lurk though never post.
    friends tv show funy
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so random...I lurk on SB (sometimes post), E, vintage weddings, JE, proposals, Maids and Moms, and a few others.

I post here, on SB sometimes, Sept 2011 and the Canada board.  Occasionally I'll post elsewhere if I see something that I can answer.

But NEY is my fave. <3 

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I lurk around Moms & Maids, Wedding Party, Etiquette, JE and SB. I used to be on Student Brides but then it got to be a lot of 17-18 year olds wanting validation on their engagements for a while, and turned me off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards