Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

DIY album review - Adoroma Pix

I used adoromapix.com to make my wedding album. I was slightly nervous, because the are fairly new to the photo book area, but they had really good reviews. I got my album this morning, and let me just say I am THRILLED beyond words!

I initially wanted an album with thick, layflat pages, that I would be able to edit to my tastes, but I was unable to find something that didn't require a professional's involvment, a photography business, or more $$ than I wanted to spend. I intended to settle for using Blurb (which I don't think I would have been disappointed with) or Picaboo. Then I found adoramapix.com (almost by accident) and they offered EXACTLY what I wanted.

Printing quality: A++ - they offer color correction which turned out perfectly. The images are crisp and very very professional. The website claims that it is Fuji crystal paper.

Book Quality: A+++ - Adorama pix offers image wrap for their cover (if you know what to do, ie, choose your image and "fit to page"), which I choose. The pages are nice and thick - very sturdy. The book is a lay flat type of book. There is no seam that disrupts they picture and nothing lost to a gutter. It is 50 pages and every page looks amazing.

Book building software: A - Adoroma Pix software is internet based, so there's no downloading. It is also entirely customizable. You can pick theme, which will fill the book with templates (like Shutterfly does), but you can rearrange, delete, or reconstructe everything manually if you choose. On the downside, it is not the most user friendly software. It is a little difficult to work with until you can figure out what tools do what. It was easier for me because I used a similar software in my highschool year book class. Secondly, for some reason, it crashed my internet a lot. It was perfectly fine while I was using it, but when I tried to exit or close the page, it would freeze my browser. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying.

Overall, I grade it a A+ and highly recommend them, as long as you can figure out their book building program!

p.s. I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow, so you can see the thickness of the pages, etc.

Re: DIY album review - Adoroma Pix

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards