Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Impatient with my photographer...

We got our engagement pictures two weeks ago from yesterday and our photographer told me she would post a few of them 3 days later on Facebook and then have them up in an online gallery in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks later. She didn't post them on Facebook until yesterday...after I e-mailed her. She said she would have the rest of them ready by today, and she doesn't. I'm really frustrated, trying to avoid being a bridezilla, but it's difficult. Don't make me a promise that you can't keep! And, if something else came up, is it that difficult to email me and tell me you aren't going to finish them in time? AH! end vent.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Impatient with my photographer...

• I know its frustrating, but keep in mind this is the peak of wedding season. She is likely swamped with shooting and editing, and seems to have taken on more than she can handle for the moment. Also, keep in mind, if she stopped and email each one of her clients every time there was a slight delay, it would create an even greater delay. You did the right thing to check in with her... it serves as a "reminder" that you are waiting. My best advice is to be patient for now. The longer she has your images, just means she is putting more work and effort into making them fabulous. 
  • You're closer than we are! Our pics were a week ago tomorrow and we were only sent ONE teaser pic! I feel like I'm going to burst if I have to wait longer.... hmph. I've been trying to keep busy but that only goes so far lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Deep breaths. I took my pictures in October and didn't get them until December. It's a holiday weekend. Wait until the weekend is over and then politely email and mention how happy you are to see the pictures she posted on facebook and can't wait til see the rest. 

My photographer is worth the wait, IMO. If you don't feel the same way, this might be a good time to cut your losses and look around for someone else. 
  • Thanks ladies. I agree, she is definitely worth the wait. I just can't believe she can get away with doing business like this. Communication is key to me and she's lacking in that area...just frustrated!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_impatient-with-my-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:e6065ce9-6e3a-4df5-9c8a-f55d1ab1099fPost:651973a3-64c4-43af-9170-bfbb61517139">Re: Impatient with my photographer...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies. I agree, she is definitely worth the wait. I just can't believe she can get away with doing business like this. Communication is key to me and she's lacking in that area...just frustrated!!
    Posted by jessicaemery30[/QUOTE]
    This is such a shame to read all these similar posts. I am a professional photographer in bridal fashion and I have to say this experience is just not necessary. I too can not believe that people still have to put up with unprofessionals.
    For us its all about the positive experience , pictures are almost secondary. Hang in there. Try to not let it ruin your wedding experience, I wish you all the best.
    Chris Bernard   <a href="http://www.chrisbernardphotography.com" rel="nofollow">www.chrisbernardphotography.com</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards