Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

The Pros Photography and Dj

Hello,

I am in the process of looking for a photographer. We are on a tight budget. I found out about the Pros through the The Knot. I like what they have to offer and they fit in our budget. 

Has anyone used them? I've read both good and bad reviews on them. I'm kind of freaked out to book with them, anyone actually, right now. But, we need to get our engagement pictures done soon and I'd really like to have these two vendors, dj and photographer, out of the way! 

Thanks!
Jess

Re: The Pros Photography and Dj

• Would it be possible to book them only for the engagement photos as sort of a "test drive"?  That way, if you don't love their work, you won't be stuck with them for your wedding.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • It says the engagement session is only available with a wedding package. So, that won't be possible Frown

I really like their work, from the website. I'm thinking we are going to book them...

Thanks for the response! 
  • I would stay away from companies like the Pros. They are just "umbrella companies" that out source the work to random freelancers that happen to be available on your date. The work on the site is likely not work from the actual photographer that you will be getting. Even worse, you usually do not get to actually choose or meet your photographer until the wedding day. 
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Isn't The Pros one of those companies that is basically a middleman? They contract whatever random photographer they have that 'matches your style' after you take a survey/quiz. You often don't get to meet the photographer until your wedding day. Since they have so many photogs, the pics you see on their website are not necessarily taken by the person that you will have on your day. 
  • Yes, PP is exactly right. If you read the literally dozens and dozens of terrible reviews about this company and still hire them . . . well you didn't do your homework. Best of luck with it, I hope it turns out ok but don't be surprised if something goes wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_the-pros-photography-and-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:875e8a3f-10ec-4cbb-b81a-260bf5e00715Post:bd0ccad7-b450-4572-b858-22f6924413e8">Re: The Pros Photography and Dj</a>:
    [QUOTE]Isn't The Pros one of those companies that is basically a middleman? They contract whatever random photographer they have that 'matches your style' after you take a survey/quiz. You often don't get to meet the photographer until your wedding day. Since they have so many photogs, the pics you see on their website are not necessarily taken by the person that you will have on your day. 
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div>This is correct, we used them and I guess you can say you get what you pay for. Our Photographer was far from professional, took crappy pictures and even made me and my husband uncomfortable at times. I can see how some get lucky and they get a good photographer but they pros changed ours out 3 times before we got stuck with ours. I do not recommend unless you are very low budget, if you do get them do not get any upgrades they are not worth the extra cash. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards